Let' Hear from you Cozumel!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great to hear everything is great! We've been keeping you guys in our Prayers! Good to hear Mago's family is safe also. A Big hurrican (any hurrican) is no fun!

Lee & Brownie

Glad to hear everything is ok!!!

Thanks for all the updates Christi!

With your last report, I can safely say my trip is back on! I have heard from my dive op and they said they will be game for us to arrive Thursday as planned. I'm glad everything went so well for you during this storm. I'm looking forward to my first time in Cozumel!

Mike

Can't really add more to Christy's excellent report. The power of prayer is amazing and Dean made initial landfall in a mostly uninhabited region just north of Majahual, taking the brunt of the cat 5 winds out before it reached Chetumal, sadly it did also go over Banco Chinchorro reef, there will be some effects there, and also in the Siaan Kaan biospere where it touched land.

I went out this morning to check on the dive shop at El Coz, and also by Meridiano to check on the boats, and took over 40 minutes of video (30 clips) which I planned to make into a big video to upload to youtube, but Im having troubles with my video software and was only able to make a small clip out of 2, of El Cozumeleño, the beach there got a bunch ofnew sand, and I've heard this is true of many west side beaches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJcC2ITp9CU

EVerything looks to be in great condition ! Even the palms are intact. Beach looks good. Hooray.
Hope the folks in Majhual (sp) made out ok. Buildings there are not built as well as those in Coz. The countryside there is beautiful but the peoplend live in very simple wood houses.

CozumelAntonio:
Can't really add more to Christy's excellent report. The power of prayer is amazing and Dean made initial landfall in a mostly uninhabited region just north of Majahual, taking the brunt of the cat 5 winds out before it reached Chetumal, sadly it did also go over Banco Chinchorro reef, there will be some effects there, and also in the Siaan Kaan biospere where it touched land.

I went out this morning to check on the dive shop at El Coz, and also by Meridiano to check on the boats, and took over 40 minutes of video (30 clips) which I planned to make into a big video to upload to youtube, but Im having troubles with my video software and was only able to make a small clip out of 2, of El Cozumeleño, the beach there got a bunch ofnew sand, and I've heard this is true of many west side beaches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJcC2ITp9CU

I really appreciate you taking the time to post that video up. The Cozumeleno is my favorite hotel and I'm glad that is okay. I remember when Wilma came how hard it got hit. It looks as though if there is any damage it is minimal. :D

suzbo:
As to the posts: yeah, I got tired of being a Newbie, when I actually joined up on all of these msg boards a few years ago. Time to quit lurking.
Welcome to the maddening world that is scubaboard!!! :mooner:

Now it's time for me to go back to lurking...

Hey Dave! Long time, no talk. I dove with you people again last May and sent a couple of emails to you on the experience, which was overall very good. Neither you nor anyone at Aldora replied. Your dive master, David, is excellent. Memo was present in the shop to ensure all went well. I posted some good comments for Aldora on Tripadvisor and in here as well. You might want to read them for input from me and other divers on the Aldora operation. Gracias.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom