• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Licensed Dive Boats

Discussion in 'Cozumel' started by Snoweman, Sep 28, 2019.

1. cvchief

cvchief ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Oh, I heard back again. While the original is still up there: Cozumel Closes Down Part of its Marine Park

They are going to: "Thanks for the additional info and I have amended the announcement (without listing every single dive site) in the October issue of the Undercurrent newsletter."

2. DFDubb

DFDubb Barracuda

Psssst. You're taking the online anonymous reviews that you leave of businesses a little too seriously.

Dave Dillehay likes this.
  3. ChuckP

ChuckP Manta Ray

I seen that article and so want to hit the reply button and say just about everything you said - It had Alison's name on it like she was the subscriber and I didn't want to cause her any pain.

First I thought it was just typical reporting, one source no clue type stuff - seeing that reply - it's even worse!!

People pay for that service???

4. cvchief

cvchief ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Feel free to email John Bantin john@undercurrent.org

He is apparently handling this travesty.

ChuckP likes this.
  5. Snoweman

Snoweman Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Easy, Cha Cha. I have taken each of my reviews very seriously, as I have poured all of my honesty into every single one. I have refrained from writing reviews because I didn't think my experience was typical.

CajunDiva likes this.
  6. judydivescoz

judydivescoz Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Just google “Buying TripAdviser Reviews”. and you will find dozens of service that will happily sell any business positive reviews! Of course there are lots of honest folks that take time and post detailed reviews but for me it’s getting hard to tell the difference between the real ones and the purchased reviews.
    I am incredibly disappointed that Undercurrent released such an inaccurate statement about Cozumel. My subscription is up for renewal in January, I guess I will let them know how I feel by not renewing.

7. mediumone

mediumone Manta Ray

Yes, it used to be so easy that it was laughable. No longer the case.

Snoweman likes this.
  8. DandyDon

DandyDon Old men ought to be explorers ScubaBoard Supporter

caydiver likes this.
  9. ggunn

ggunn ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

This is a textbook example of a "The grass is green!" "The sky is blue!" internet argument. The facts that many people take their reviews on TA seriously and are earnestly trying to convey their honest information and that TA reviews are easy to fake and fake reviews are for sale on the open market are not mutually exclusive.

10. GameChanger

GameChanger Professional Photographer

I can honestly say that I have NEVER been given a bracelet by any of the 3 dive Ops I have used over the years in Coz. I have never seen anyone wearing a bracelet either (that I know of). All 3 dive Ops are the "majors" and well known & respected. Is this just a coincidence? What does the bracelet look like?