Lifetime warranty = no warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I couple of years ago I switched over to Atomic regs for me and then my wife. While I have not needed to have anything repaired or any warranty work, I did have a couple of questions and called them. I don't think you could find a more friendly group of folks to deal with. Looking forward to meeting them in person at DEMA this year.

@Atomic Aquatics: thanks for your reply, i've e-mailed you some pictures

@flots am: maybe you're right, to bad the shop has closed so i can't ask them...

Little update: Martin said he hadn't received the reg yet so they couldn't examine it yet. Ofcourse he didn't receive it yet, since he said that it wouldn't be covered and i leave on holiday in a week i needed it repaired as soon as possible and the shop didn't send it to Germany. I do have the cracked piece and sent him and ryan the pictures.

I hope this gets resolved quick.

Thanks to everybody for the support!

Aquatic Tom

I received a very positive e-mail from Ryan of atomic aquatics.
After sending him pictures of the broken din-nipple and some pictures of the exterior of my first stage, atomic decided it was indeed a defect beyond my responsabiltiy and they decided to compensate me.
The customer support from the headquarters are indeed very friendly and helpfull as stated by a lot of posters, hopefully the European branch will meet their standards.

Thanks again Ryan, you made me a happy customer, if I ever need some new gear i'm sure to stay with Atomic Aq.! (btw, did you receive my e-mail? I couldn't find it in my sent items...)

I have needed custermer service only once in my 20+ years of diving.

Alas all that will change if you come over to the dark side LOL

Atomic is a great company to deal with, i've had zero issues with their customer service. I had one of the veneom makes I had to send back and they had a brand new one back to me a week later. I also had to RMA my cobalt and they were able to send a new one next day air so I could take it on a trip with me. Much Much easier to deal with than some of the other vendors I've used.

I received a very positive e-mail from Ryan of atomic aquatics.
After sending him pictures of the broken din-nipple and some pictures of the exterior of my first stage, atomic decided it was indeed a defect beyond my responsabiltiy and they decided to compensate me.
The customer support from the headquarters are indeed very friendly and helpfull as stated by a lot of posters, hopefully the European branch will meet their standards.

Thanks again Ryan, you made me a happy customer, if I ever need some new gear i'm sure to stay with Atomic Aq.! (btw, did you receive my e-mail? I couldn't find it in my sent items...)

I broke my new Hog reg due to my own stupidity after onlly 4 dives. I requested info from manufacturer as to where I could purchase replacement parts. My reply was send it back to us and we will repair or replace free of charge. Now THAT is customer seervice. Unless you keep pestering Atomic, it seems they have made their decision. I hope they refund the cost, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I wonder if the title of this thread needs updating. Right now it sounds misleading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom