Lightweight, firm-soled boots for warm water diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terramar

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I mostly dive warm-water, and have been quite happy with my Volo Race full-foot fins.

But going to go to Bonaire, and want to get a pair of good travel-friendly fins and boots.

I'm looking at Force Fins and Scubapro Go Sport fins.

But in either case, I'd like to find a boot that's light, not very floaty, but with a good firm or hard sole and some support. Something that feels secure and comfortable when doing a rocky beach entry. Something low cut would be nice too.

I've had big 5mm boots back when I dove in cold water, but I don't want something so large and so floaty.

Any good recommendations?

I wore water shoes with force fins in Bonaire last year.
Zero issues.
Didn't even bother with socks.
Just ordered some cheap ones from Amazon. Ended up taking two pairs, which gave me the advantage of switching for dinner, into dry shoes.
No blisters, although a couple of people though my fins looked too small! 😄

Oh, and I'm warm enough that I did the whole weeks dives in shorts and a rash guard shirt. YMMV.

We have had good luck with boots made by Henderson. We get the 5mm with the hard sole. They may be a bit more bulky than you want but we find them to be a good all round boot.

Keds, or any other brand of tennis shoe that comes up high enough to be protected from the fin strap and will stay on and not rub.

The question comes up in the Bonaire forum very often. A search of threads over there should turn up recommendations. For example: Bonaire Boots

I tried Seasoft Sunrays but found them too big for my fin pockets. I like my Bare Tropic, but I see it’s no longer available. Nevertheless, there are many good boots for Bonaire.

Fourth Element Rockhopper boots. Lightweight with firm sole and arch support...

I love my Altima maritime assault boots. I've used them for years in a variety of conditions.

@The Chairman turned me on to these shoes. They are awesome for warm water. I wear them in mexico cave diving and another pair has become my go to shoes working on the boat.

1674424457264.png

Back
Top Bottom