Line Arrows

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just as an aside, I NEVER plan to do any cave diving, but for my own edification, which war are line arrows placed on the line? With the pointed end pointing to the exit?

the K

The Kraken:
Just as an aside, I NEVER plan to do any cave diving, but for my own edification, which war are line arrows placed on the line? With the pointed end pointing to the exit?

the K
when used as a directional marker YES, when two arrows face opposite directions it signals a diver that they are half way between two exits, and when two arrows face the same direction this is a marker for a jump(both arrows point to the exit) when a diver ties in a jump reel were there is no marker they can use a non-directional marker (cookie) to mark were their exit is (the cookie is placed on the exit side of the mainline)

it's always a good idea to mark your personal arrows so you know that they belong to you and your not following arrows that another diver left (maybe to a different exit)

nova:
when a diver ties in a jump reel were there is no marker they can use a non-directional marker (cookie) to mark were their exit is (the cookie is placed on the exit side of the mainline)

A directional marker/line arrow can be placed on the line indicating the direction of exit where the jump is made & the cave diver can then tie into the line arrow to prevent the line from moving up or down the line.

Why even ask if you NEVER plan to do any cave diving? If you DID decide to do some cave diving, surely you would get training first, and it would then be explained.

theskull

theskull:
Why even ask if you NEVER plan to do any cave diving? If you DID decide to do some cave diving, surely you would get training first, and it would then be explained.

theskull

I am curious about a ton of stuff I never plan to do. I doubt very seriously that he is trying to trick some "training" out of someone.

Nah, I know TK personally. He is the last guy you'll find in a hole. I've tried talking him into coming and taking cave training with me and he gives me a definate "no way in heck" everytime.

Matt

Capt Jim Wyatt:
A directional marker/line arrow can be placed on the line indicating the direction of exit where the jump is made & the cave diver can then tie into the line arrow to prevent the line from moving up or down the line.
this is, by far, the best way to tie in , it prevents line slack

theskull:

theskull

Because it suited me to do so; because I wanted to know.
Any other questions?

the K

The Kraken:
because I wanted to know.

Thats just plain ol'e crazy talk boy!!!

Yes, it is, isn't it?
Knowledge is such a useless thing.

You know, some members respond to a question with a very civil and polite, "yes", while others . . . ?

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom