Liquivision Xen/Xeo/Lynx: New Battery Options!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liquivision

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Announcement

Liquivision is pleased to announce that the Xen, Xeo and Lynx computers are now compatible with new battery types. The original computers have a black battery holder which is only compatible with ER14335M batteries. All units shipped since January 1, 2012, have a modified white battery holder which is compatible with bigger batteries: ER17335M (disposable), and Liquivision ICR16340 (lithium-ion) rechargeable.

The bigger ER17335M battery gives double the battery life compared to the smaller ER14335M. The Liquivision ICR16340 lithium-ion battery gives around the same amount of dive time per charge as an ER14335M, except that it can be recharged 1000 times.

Customers who purchased units with the older (black) battery holder can send their units in to upgrade them to the white battery holder and take advantage of the new battery types. The cost of the upgrade is CAD$99 in North America and CAD$129 outside of North America, and this includes incorporating the new battery holder into the unit, as well as a new ER17335M battery and free return shipping. Group discounts are available if you and your friends want to send your units in together.

Both ER17335M and Liquivision ICR16340 batteries are in stock. [Please note that the while the new battery holder will actually fit many off-the-shelf rechargeable batteries, using a non-Liquivision battery will mean that the battery meter will not accurately predict how much battery time is remaining].

Our customers told us that they wanted longer battery life and also a rechargeable option, so we heard their voice and the solution is now here!

In addition to the new battery types, we offer an excellent lithium-ion charger which has international plug adapters for use in any country.

If upgrading, you can order your upgrade and the new battery types here:
Xen/Xeo Extras

For more details on each battery type, read our info document here:
http://www.liquivision.com/docs/XenXeo_Battery_Info_Chart.pdf

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

I have the Xen upgraded unit with the original battery, new larger battery, and rechargeable battery! While it has not been in the water yet I can't wait! This might just make it the perfect bottom timer!

Are the old style batteries still going to be available for the early adopters?

Any discount for early adopters? Otherwise basically cancels out the $100 savings from pre-ordering it in the beginning.

Still worth it but good chunk to pay.

Robert

The original batteries will always be available. Keep in mind that the $99 includes a battery ($10 value) and return shipping ($30 value), so the actual upgrade cost is about $59. Discounts for multiple units as well.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

I had a fairly extensive email conversation with Liquivision explaining that it seemed as though us early adopters were being punished for being, well, early. I was basically told that this was the way it was, take it or leave it. I've decided to leave it, and accept my Xen as having abysmal battery life, and deciding to look at other options for my next computer (I was planning on a Xeo this spring, as I knew the rechargeable option was planned). There are a lot of OLED dive computers available now.

What will the rechargeable kit run? I have a battery without the charger right now but have no issue getting another battery as well.

standing on soap box--- OT warning.. Wireless air integration please... Ok back to our current topic..

I have the Xen upgraded unit with the original battery, new larger battery, and rechargeable battery! While it has not been in the water yet I can't wait! This might just make it the perfect bottom timer!

The rechargeable will not give you anything more than 20hours. That relates to recharging every 12 dives or less. IMO that sucks. Also the battery life span decrease with each charge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom