List of dive destinations to not go to...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I vote that this is easily one of the least interesting and most worthless threads on SB.

Yet with 160 posts before the one I'm making. Evidently a number of people disagree, by their actions.

This thread contains thought provoking content that might get newcomers to rec. diving thinking about different destinations, and how to compare them. I doubt I'm the only one who assumed way distant exotic locations nearly always cost a good deal more than main-stream Caribbean locations for similar levels of service & # of dives.

Richard.

for similar levels of service & # of dives.

Richard.

and therein lies the problem... The prices aren't necessarily same levels of service and number of dives...

But if that's what you get from the information posted more power to you.... Let us know when you go if it is though...

Agreed - I see nothing here but 16 pages of people pointing out how flawed this method of measure is. Unless you're, in fact, a nickel rocket and all that matters is how many dives you can get in and how cheaply (in which case, I recommend camping at Dutch Springs for a month).

Yet with 160 posts before the one I'm making. Evidently a number of people disagree, by their actions. Richard.

Richard, I've been around this board long enough to know that post COUNTcount is no indication of post VALUE. The OP gave this a stupid title. "Dive destinations NOT TO GO TO". (sic). Just a wee bit of a troll.

I have friends in Africa and Europe to whom the Caribbean is a glamorous and exotic destination. They don't see the "lack of value" described by the OP. I have dived off six continents and you could do a lot worse than many destinations in the Caribbean The value offered by some of those places is incredible. I could compare the Four Seasons in the Seychelles with Scuba Club in Cozumel. I assure that SCC wins hands down for value. The premise of the thread is ridiculous. Each destination has to be treated individually.

Economy class fare for JFK-JNB probably runs around $2,000 if you're not taking advantage of discounted economy seats (that is, buy in advance, etc.) and planning your trip for the less expensive times of year. But there are times of year when $1,200 is readily found--agreed. <Yawn>

If we are talking last minute flight rates then then JFK to Belize is not cheap either. It is 900 USD.

---------- Post added October 3rd, 2013 at 07:39 PM ----------

Agreed - I see nothing here but 16 pages of people pointing out how flawed this method of measure is. Unless you're, in fact, a nickel rocket and all that matters is how many dives you can get in and how cheaply (in which case, I recommend camping at Dutch Springs for a month).

And yet you choose to show up regularly and post a response, instead of focusing on other posts that could be more enlightening?:confused:

I'd rather dive dutch springs...

I'm a DS regular so that is too funny. There are only so many times I can visit that firetruck or schoolbus or that pumphouse. Hey, maybe you spend time on the "Sky Challenge".

Personally I'd rather dive the Seychelles -used to be a relatively quick flight from my old home. Not so much any more. :(

I'm a DS regular so that is too funny. There are only so many times I can visit that firetruck or schoolbus or that pumphouse. Hey, maybe you spend time on the "Sky Challenge".

Personally I'd rather dive the Seychelles -used to be a relatively quick flight from my old home. Not so much any more. :(

I'd rather dive the Seychelles too, I meant than Coz ;-) But only because of the people in Coz, the diving is fine.

What's wrong with the people in Coz?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom