Little and Grand Cayman trip report and video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

choiahoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

It was a great trip--2 nights in Grand Cayman and a week on Little Cayman. 20 dives in total.

We dove with Indigo Divers on Grand Cayman and stayed at the Little Cayman Beach Resort. Both dive ops were excellent, safe, and very professional--I can recommend them without any reservation.

Thanks to all on scubaboard for the great advice for our trip. Enjoy the video and happy diving!

Last edited:
The 'puppy groupers' on some sites want to be petted, but we were told not to touch the fish--they have a layer of mucous on their skin, that if removed, could cause skin disease. The divemaster told us to instead wave some water into their gills, which they also appear to like. Some grouper would come so close, you actually had to back away from them!

NIce! what kind of camera set up did you use to film this?

I shot on a Sony RX100 IV, sometimes with 2 x 2500 lumen sea dragons, sometimes with a red filter.

And while we're on the topic, I just lost my camera on my trip to Hawaii last week. Open to new camera suggestions if anyone has any...

Sorry to hear about you camera. If you like shooting video, you might be able to pickup a used Panasonic GH4 setup from someone who is upgrading to a GH5. The GH4 is widely regarded as a kick-ass video setup that can take great stills as wll. I enjoyed your video. It's only been 2 months since I was at Little Cayman and seeing it makes me want to return.

Yipee! I have just redeemed Capital One Visa Travel Reward points to cover the cost of the airfare from ORD to GCM to LCM for one of us later this year. We will spend a week on Grand Cayman and a week on Little Cayman.

I realize that saving $650 is a relatively small amount against the total cost of a 2-week dive vacation to the tropics for 2 people - but I am always happy to save some vacation expense!

Thank you for the excellent video, I hope that we also have great weather for our trip!

Nice video thnx for sharing

Yipee! I have just redeemed Capital One Visa Travel Reward points to cover the cost of the airfare from ORD to GCM to LCM for one of us later this year. We will spend a week on Grand Cayman and a week on Little Cayman.

I realize that saving $650 is a relatively small amount against the total cost of a 2-week dive vacation to the tropics for 2 people - but I am always happy to save some vacation expense!

Thank you for the excellent video, I hope that we also have great weather for our trip!

We are flying down to GCM from Houston this year using SW Rewards points. The only better feeling was charging the small amount of fees associated with the tickets to my United Airlines CC and making them give me points for money paid to another airline.

Back
Top Bottom