Little Cayman Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmorescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I spent the first week of April 2017 at Little Cayman Beach Resort. I took a group of 20 people and everyone had a great time, including me. I won't get into too many details with the trip report - there are several LCBR trip reports here and they all pretty much concur. Since our group had an entire boat to ourselves, I thought that Reef Divers might be a little more liberal with the dive times and let us dive our tanks, but that was not the case. Dive 1: 50 mins; Dives 2 & 3: 60 mins. Ultimately, I understand why they run things like this and I appreciate their focus on safety.

We had really incredible visibility and water clarity, and I think that helped me capture some striking photos. Viz was at least 100' and some days it seemed more like 150'. I'll post a couple preview shots here, but the main gallery is here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskU9Zf77

I think this gallery captures what defines dives on Little Cayman - walls, clear water, groupers, turtles, and beautiful reef scenes.

lcsb1.jpg
lcsb2.jpg
lcsb3.jpg
lcsb4.jpg
lcsb5.jpg
lcsb6.jpg

very nice....thanks for sharing.

I spent the first week of April 2017 at Little Cayman Beach Resort. I took a group of 20 people and everyone had a great time, including me. I won't get into too many details with the trip report - there are several LCBR trip reports here and they all pretty much concur. Since our group had an entire boat to ourselves, I thought that Reef Divers might be a little more liberal with the dive times and let us dive our tanks, but that was not the case. Dive 1: 50 mins; Dives 2 & 3: 60 mins. Ultimately, I understand why they run things like this and I appreciate their focus on safety.

We had really incredible visibility and water clarity, and I think that helped me capture some striking photos. Viz was at least 100' and some days it seemed more like 150'. I'll post a couple preview shots here, but the main gallery is here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskU9Zf77

I think this gallery captures what defines dives on Little Cayman - walls, clear water, groupers, turtles, and beautiful reef scenes.

View attachment 407814 View attachment 407815 View attachment 407816 View attachment 407817 View attachment 407818 View attachment 407819

Great pics......You need to 'come join us' @ this thread-----5 years old & still going,.. barely(lol).....Need some new blood in on it....:)..

Cayman - Picture of the Day

Last edited:
Wife wants to check out LC this year.....thanks for sharing and great shots!

And we did just book a week at LCBR for August 26th- Hoping for similar viz :)

With the diving included here, the price was comparable to our recent visit to Occidental on COZ! But drinks are not included....that not good :)

And we did just book a week at LCBR for August 26th- Hoping for similar viz :)

With the diving included here, the price was comparable to our recent visit to Occidental on COZ! But drinks are not included....that not good :)

Hope you enjoy it! We will be there a few weeks after you in mid September. You hit on something I always try to explain to people and seemingly rarely succeed at. When you take into account similar lodging and meal quality, diving, and all the other costs that go into staying at a non-inclusive property, LCBR is not that much more expensive, and when you can get deals like their Autumn Cascades package in the low season, they can even be cheaper. Everybody going to Coz compares the hotel cost alone or hotel and diving only to the total LCBR package price and says "that is soooo expensive!" But they fail to factor in the cost of taxis to restaurants, buying meals, tipping waiters, etc. that all add up over time. And there is no place with comparable peace and tranquility to LCBR within walking distance of town on Coz. When you factor in the comfort level on the boats, the freedom to dive your own dive instead of playing follow the leader, and not having to handle your gear if you don't want to, the whole package is just so much more relaxing to me than going to Coz.

Seems Reef Divers limit there dives to be rather shallow and limited? At an additional $12/Tank for Nitrox, I guess it isn't worth it even doing three dives a day?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom