Liveaboard pre-trip communications - Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spent Christmas at the Corona Hotel in Ensenada and saw the Andrea Lynn/Baja Aggressor tied up at the marina next door. No sign of life onboard. This is a long way from Cabo. Wondering if something is wrong or if why the boat isn't down in Cabo??? Maybe this is why the Aggressor fleet is not giving information on where to board Socorro trips.

A word of caution... Aggressor poisoned me the first time I had dinner aboard. I am allergic to walnuts and even though that was stated in the written form we made a point of telling the entire crew in English and Spanish. Needless to say I missed the first day of diving at Wolf Island and Agrressor has yet to pony up for their gross neligence. I will file with my travel insurance if they continue to drop the ball. It's been almost 4 months too.

P.S. I know the Andrea Lynn. I've fished on the Erik out of San Felipe and saw the vessel there last May. I heard it went through a retrofit.

Last edited:
Spent Christmas at the Corona Hotel in Ensenada and saw the Andrea Lynn/Baja Aggressor tied up at the marina next door. No sign of life onboard. This is a long way from Cabo. Wondering if something is wrong or if why the boat isn't down in Cabo??? Maybe this is why the Aggressor fleet is not giving information on where to board Socorro trips.

Ensenada is where the boat was docked for their Guadalupe season, which ended recently. The first Socorro trip isn't until Jan 15th so they have plenty of time to get the boat down to Cabo. The information was posted on their website last week.

This is why it is nice to have your own personal travel agent to get this stuff to you. We would make sure you had all this in hand and have you with luggage packed and ready to go! haha
Have a wonderful time in the Socorro Islands. It is my favorite destination to date! SO much big stuff to see, you will love it. I am a Nautilus Explorer girl myself, they have been doing that trip for many years. Have a group trip planned Dec 2011 so if you get the bug to go again I have one spot left! You will have a wonderful time on this trip, you cant help it when you dive with all those shark, dolphin, and mantas!

Go to my photos and check out all those scorro pictures!
http://scorrobigstuffdivetrip.shutterfly.com/#&emid=site_dailydigest&cid=SHARE3SXXXX

Ensenada is where the boat was docked for their Guadalupe season, which ended recently. The first Socorro trip isn't until Jan 15th so they have plenty of time to get the boat down to Cabo. The information was posted on their website last week.

oh ok. Thanks. But I thought they were supposed to be in Magdalena Bay in December diving with the grey whales through January. did they cancel those trips or what?

I have done Cayman Aggressor a number of times, and am going on the Palau Aggressor for a 2 week trip in April/May. I haave not had the problems you mentioned.

oh ok. Thanks. But I thought they were supposed to be in Magdalena Bay in December diving with the grey whales through January. did they cancel those trips or what?

Who knows... :ermm:

You're crazy and just need to be patient because Aggressor is a quality organization and you're going to have a blast.

That said, I don't think any of your concerns are not justified. You're paying big bucks for the trip, and even at their discounted prices you deserve answers. The Baja Aggressor had dropped the ball on at least one of their Guadalupe trips that I'm aware of, but other friends have come back with stories of great trips. I'm suspect they compensated appropriately and don't want to have any more bad juju circulating around, so keep calling them. Maybe its just the holiday season that messed things up.

I would recommend that you put all your requests into one simple, straight-forward email, with numbered line item questions. This makes is much easier for them to reply directly to each concern or question and not ignore any of them. I lead trips and often get bogged down with people who send me numerous emails for weeks and even days before a trip with trivial questions (although no less important) about stuff that is usually already printed somewhere in the documentation I already gave them. I know that's not you, but now I tell everyone to do it this way and you're more likely to get your answers. If you really get impatient, send the same email one day later with "2nd Request!" in the title. That usually works for me.

So enjoy this pre-trip time thinking about how completely amazing Socorro is going to be in January. Clear water, lots of mantas, dolphins, sharks, maybe even whalesharks. I'm going back for my 7th or 8th (lost count) Socorro trip in April and I can't wait.

Here are a couple of links to what you'll probably see:
Revillagigedo (Socorro) Islands, Mexico (I'm the one with the big camera)
Socorro Island Manta Diving (my slide show from several trips ago)
Diving with Mantas at Socorro Island (one of my favorites. This was in January several years ago)
Diving with Hammerheads & Mantas at Socorro (January 2007)

Please let us know how the trip went.

Bonnie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom