Local Dive Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKris:
Denise

The boat for offshore diving and the keys.

I have a j16 with a 40 HP good for the bays and rivers to get to the springs. A canoe for when the rivers are low.

A friend of ours opened a new campground, with cottages and RV spots near here. Probably 15 miles from Vortex, 30 to Morrison.

Anyone up for cypress this weekend.

I located Blue last year, the water is hig enough to get a boat to it.
I might do cypress withyou this weekend if its not storming.I need to burn a few tanks!

I may be heading to Cypress the following weekend, got family coming in this weekend :/

Tell me more about Cypress and the diving there. How close is it to the cottages and campgrounds your friend opened up Scubakris? I am still too congested from being sick to go diving tomorrow, but I might could go the next weekend. It sounds like we may have enough interest to get a group together and go the following weekend?

What web site do you use to check river levels at morrisons,Bugman or anyone else that knows.

Ask and ye shall recieve

http://ahps.srh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=tae&gage=carf1&view=1,1,1,1,1,1

Current waterlevels would probably put Morrison on the milky side, Cypress will be pristine though. Becton will be quite tannic except for immediately over the vents.

Denise - Cypress is a nice little easy dive. The basin is small and contains lots of fish and colorfull vegetation. Max depth in OW is around 25'. There is a cavern that goes down to ~50'ish before narrowing up and dropping to 65'ish where it turns to cave. No public access so a boat(of some sort) needs to be used to access the spring. Becton springs are about 2 miles downstream, but without the visibility and life to observe(for the most part).

I made a thread for diving Cypress next weekend in the North FL subforum, link http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=172567

Brandy,
I don't know about filling tanks, but if you need to know anything about springs, Mat is your man:)

Actually, I usually have spare tanks if you ever need em when we're doing the same dive. I just need to know previous to leaving my house so I can load em up.

Without having to plan for months and worry about the timing and weather..Mat has put together a trip to Cypress for next weekend for anyone interested, it is in the North Fl Subforum (see link above). We are going to get to eat afterwards right Mat?

Now you guys in the BlueWater area can you put us something together for February? When I went in December, we all had to leave too early to dine...So you guys be looking for it this time, you're gonna have to take me out to eat!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom