Long hose for 2nd Stage regulator , Short hose for Octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

please dont dismiss a certain config w/o fully understanding it.
Its not the same on land were your feet ae planted, in the water you will not be choaked.

wedivebc:
So I had someone come up on my left side while in the pool last night, and pull violently on my primary reg, just like a panicked diver would and I must say the rollover worked well. I was very surprised at how easy it was to perform. Not sure I would want to try it in a wreck but maybe with a trusted buddy it's worth a try.

I would hope you wouldn't be diving a wreck with a "buddy" who would have to blindside you to get air :wink:

MD

Yeoh Chee Weng:
I am not fanatic about the DIR way.

It has more to do with Bauhaus than it does DIR.

MechDiver:
I would hope you wouldn't be diving a wreck with a "buddy" who would have to blindside you to get air :wink:

MD
Good point

If you are not comfortable with the neck noose, you might try something similar to what wedivebc recommends:
You can loop the hose straight down your right tank then loop it right back up vertically again, (through a bungee loop of tubing or inner tube near the bottom of the tank), which enables it to be easily pulled free immediately without snagging, (especially when you have tested it thoroughly). You, the donor, can also breathe off of it this way without any snags when properly rigged.
Another method is to bungee it in small horizontal loops, back and forth behind your head, to your manifold. I know guys that swear by this although I never particularly cared for it.
Norm

well yeoh:

I think like a recreational diver on your rescue curse you are going to have a hard time just tring to get some one out of the water; I dont think by this moment you should worry about your instructor pulling you reg out of your mouth,, to be a rescue diver takes more than just a couple of days or even months training its realy about a complet time diving and overcoming situations during your "carrear".... also learning about others experienses, like we do here.

If i were your instructor I wont complicate your training more that it is by it self. May be it would be a diferent situation with tec training.......

ofcourse if you are a recreational diver, by this time, you shouldent be worring about tec and cave situations,,,,,

Kep it super simple.

if some one takes your reg out of your mouth, with the normal recreational configuration, just blow buubles and take your octopus, as soon as you remain calm, stop think then act, you would be ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom