Long hose routing??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how you would route the long hose if you're not using a hip mounted canister light?

You set up the long hose on the right side and route it under your arm and once around your neck. I tuck the extra in my harness belt.

If you route the hose under your reel, what do you do if you use your reel? Won't the hose come free and cause snagging problems?

If you are using the reel - just slip the extra into the waist strap. The shealth of the sea snips/knife works really well also.
Eric

I just took mine into the webbing for the waist strap. Works really well for me, tho I have heard others say they don't like this method.

by taking piece of abs or pvc pipe about 8-10" long and 2-3" in dia and a piece of weight belt webbing and 2 SS hose clamps and make a "dummy canister light" to use until you get the real deal! Total cost < $5. I'd use black ABS and most won't even know it's there! Leaves both ends open so it doesn't collect water. Attach some flashing red and green LED's and tell folks it a speed monitor!

I'd have concerns about running it under the reel on a right hip D-ring envisioning an entanglement situation when you need it most and the loss of that point if the reel gets deployed which then means you have to put it somewhere else. Halcyon makes a nice rigid pocket that can be used if you are not using a canister light, the only problem being they are extremely proud of it (to the tune of $90 or so!). In reality it is worth about $35-40.

Dave D

Dave,

Forgot about the fake canister idea. Looks good and fools people. What more could you ask for. :D

Eric

I know someone who uses the PFC idea when diving single tanks -- he made his large enough to carry small items inside. I've thought in the past of making one of these just large enough to carry my safety sausage/lift bag inside, but have never taken the time to do it.....

Another idea for hose routing is to wear a shorter hose (5 or 6 feet) -- routing is directly under your right arm, across the front of your chest, behind your head and into your mouth. With a shorter hose you don't have to come up with all of these creative ideas to deal with the excess hose ;-)

Back
Top Bottom