Long threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

acwest

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am viewing Scubaboard on two separate computer, both running recent firefox versions on Linux. whenever I am reading a thread that contains more than one page of posts, if I try to click on the numbers for the other pages, as soon as that page finishes loading, it immediately jumps back to page onem and loads that instead. Has anybody seen this, or have any ideas what I can do to fix it?

Maybe it's a linux specific problem? I'll see if we can test this ourselves on a linux OS computer.

Looks like it is exactly the same problem, I will go over there...

Can you try it on a Windows or Mac? I want to know if it's linux specific at the moment.. Thanks

I submit it is a session ID problem. If the OP's setup is like most people, he has a router / modem doing NAT to the ISP. Now, with two computers on the "same" IP, the system is losing the session cookie link.

My $.02

I frequently use 2 computers from the same IP, and don't have that problem. However, I don't use linux (except on the servers for SB) so... I can't check the linux problem.

Since the OP is posting his issue in another thread... I'm closing this one to avoid confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom