Look what I got

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A friend of mine and fellow dive buddy bought this at a dive shop that went out of business and traded me a Freedom Plate for it. Oh yeah, BTW, I have a pile of freedom plates now. Give me a few days to get them tooled up.
Is this one any good? It's supposedly restored and in perfect working order. The chrome is in immaculate condition

The valve I found at another dive shop for $10. Can it be rebuilt?
I have a 72 I'm going to use with all this. I plan to make a J rod with custom guide/keepers that will thread through the cambands on my tank.

Attachments

• P1010077.jpg
    P1010077.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 126
  • P1010078.jpg
    P1010078.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 122
  • P1010082.jpg
    P1010082.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010072.jpg
    P1010072.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 114
Dang you didn't mess around making that trade. LOL

I have a few tanks with J-valves if you want them. Let me know and they are yours. I think two are Voits and are yellow. All need hydro...and a vis sticker.

From the outside it looks OK but I would at a minimum seperate the cans and look inside. My guess is it has not been restored or at least not to the level it should be if you intend to dive it. Look at the location of the can clips. There should be 7 spaced around the cans, I see 2 that are beside each other, not a good sign that if it was restored the person who did it knew what they were doing. At a minimum I would replace the LP seat, diaphram, duckbill and the mushroom valves with modern replacements.

Yes, the J valves can be rebuilt. I have had a half dozen overhauled in the last few months.

I have a LP 72 with a J valve, cotton harness and the proper operating rod. I love using it in the pool with one of my DH regs. Right now it has the Mistral mounted.

I want one of your plates. I'll send you a PM

Richard

Or just send it to Vintage Double Hose and have it rebuilt.

Richard

cool, I think it would be pretty cool to dive some vintage stuff from time to time.
(someone feel free to PM me a link to a decent FAQ about doing so) :wink:

Nice catch on getting that reg! I have been looking for one of those for a while now.

What are these "freedom" plates you were talking about?

A friend of mine and fellow dive buddy bought this at a dive shop that went out of business and traded me a Freedom Plate for it. Oh yeah, BTW, I have a pile of freedom plates now. Give me a few days to get them tooled up.

Are you selling the freedom plates? Cost? I'd like to get on the list if you are selling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom