Looking for a good pair of fins to fit over Large Rock Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kfilly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone,

I have a dilemma. I currently use Aqua Lung Sling Shot fins which I love. My problem is that I recently purchased a Whites Fusion Bullet dry suit with EVO3 rock boots. My rock boots are men's size 13 (US sizing). My XL Sling Shot fins (largest size they make) do not fit over my rock boots. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good fin that I could use when I decide I want to use my dry suit. I am not into split fins. I am looking for a decent all around performer (for use in current, powerful). People on this site have helped me out in the past, and I am hoping to once again get some good advice.

Thanks again,

Kfilly

Try F1s

I would look into a pair of Scubapro Jetfins size XXL. I wear rock boots as well (size 12) and the pocket on these fins is perfect for large rock boots

I am sorry for the delay. I like to let people know what I ended up choosing for my needs after hearing your suggestions. I read numerous reviews on each of the types of fins mentioned. I decided to go with the Hollis F1 fins. Based on the reviews I read, they seemed to be the best choice. I have used them on a total of seven dives, and I do love them. They are easy to put on, they are comfortable, allow for several styles of kicks, and generate a decent amount of propulsion to move me through the water. Thanks again to everyone who responded as your suggestions really helped me out!

Scubapro Jet finns IS what my G/F dives with. I use the Turtles Both are excellent fins

I use the largest F1 fins that are made. I cannot remember their exact size off the top of my head, but I do know that they were made to fit a men's size 12 to 15 foot. If you were planning on getting a pair, I would check out the Hollis website for sizing information. The F1 fins fit very well over my size 13 Whites EVO3 rock boots. My rock boots have a very high arch, and the tall foot pocket is very accommodating to my boots. Also, the built in adjustable spring straps work very well as I had to "bring mine in a shade" to get a snug fit. I love the fins! I hope that information helps out.

I use the largest F1 fins that are made. I cannot remember their exact size off the top of my head, but I do know that they were made to fit a men's size 12 to 15 foot. If you were planning on getting a pair, I would check out the Hollis website for sizing information. The F1 fins fit very well over my size 13 Whites EVO3 rock boots. My rock boots have a very high arch, and the tall foot pocket is very accommodating to my boots. Also, the built in adjustable spring straps work very well as I had to "bring mine in a shade" to get a snug fit. I love the fins! I hope that information helps out.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I have a pair arriving from Scuba Toys tomorrow. Hoping for the best with a size Regular. Might have to exchange.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom