Looking for advice on trying a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, you'd be surprised at where great white sharks go. Most people think of them as cold water sharks but their range actually extends down to places you think of warmer water including Florida at least and in the Mediterranean. If you were to see them there, first enjoy the heck out of the sight of them because it's unusual to actually see them, then leave the area to change your shorts. In the sometimes murky waters of CA, I'm sure they see us more than we see them. Not that bull sharks are any less dangerous.

Thanks Mia. Will keep that for our 2017 planning.

You should check out this two boats

MV SEA ESCAPE (ex-supply ship, 18 divers)

MV SOUTHERN SPORT (Beautiful yacht-like boat for 18 divers)

Both have nice onboard amenities.

They do the Socorro Island / Revillagigedo runs from November thru May, and
Guadalupe (Great white shark) from August thru October.

FA_Logo_3.jpg

www.southernsportliveaboard.com
www.seaescapeliveaboard.com

Can anyone comment on a late September trip on the Cayman liveaboard vs a Belize trip ? Which would be better ?
I love the Cayman islands but would not want to spend a week diving only Grand if weather becomes an issue. I found land based operations restrictive and 3 dives a day and occasionally 4.

I'm a Master Diver for what that is worth, however I dive 40 to 50 times a year in FL as I live 15 minutes from The Treasure coast boats ( drift dives and occasionally Blue Heron Bridge) I'm not a photo obsessed diver either, however I take some pictures with a Sea life HD.

Thanks for all this knowledge on the Board

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom