Looking for scuba info !!help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpowers393

Reaction score
HI;

My son is doing a term paper on Scuba diving and we need a website that has the basics to create a paper on this. ALso next summer he wants to learn how to do this so we need a new england vacation spot where he can learn this.

Thanks!!!

karen

You might try a bookstore, there are some good books on basic scuba. What sort of information are you looking for? You can try the websites for PADI, NAUI or SSI. They might be a place to start. They are the orginizations that certify scuba divers. Also, if there is a dive shop in your area drop by, most dive shops are more than happy to supply information. Divers love nothing more than to talk about diving!

Scott:D

like what was said before also goto www.scubadirectory.com and type in your city or state name you should get a few replies of shops in the area , I would reccomend going to one of these shops and ask around, getting to know a good instructor is the best thing to do before learning to dive, I am sure that any shop that would help your son do his homework would also make a good shop to learn how to scuba dive.
then again ask away here.

Best New England vacation spots for scuba:

- Cape Ann, MA (35 miles north of Boston). Gloucester & Rockport. I'm sure you will find some vacation rentals up there and this is the mecca of New England diving. See Cape Ann Divers web site for class info. If you want swimming -- water may be a little on the chilly side, even in late summer.
http://www.capeanndivers.com/

- Cape Cod -- good place to mix vacation and scuba. There are several dive shops in the area.

- RI -- again, plenty of rental ops and scuba shops.

would be somewhere in Florida. Hey bring the kid to Disney WOrld and get him certified at the same time! BTW, is he in Boy Scouts at all? They offer some fine programs in that area.

Karen,
What area are you from? I'm from the Burlington area. There are two dive shops here, one has a nice web page. There is also a dive club in this area. He will love scuba, Champlain has several wrecks, and the club travels to a new site each meeting to dive (once a month) also we do several informal dives in between meetings. The dive club has a web page as well. Let me know if you want any info on any of these places.
If you are near by, a couple of us are doing a New Years Eve dive at Perkins Pier in Burlington, we'll be there at 11:15p.m.

Mike M

Hi Karen

Welcome to the board. Give this site a try, it's "How Stuff Works .com" http://www.howstuffworks.com/scuba.htm

They have a pretty good discription of diving and diving equipment as well as some history on diving there.

Hi kpowers393:

I agree with large_diver, Cape Ann is a good place to look for good NewEngland diving. Depending on what information your looking for ( diving is not diving is not diving ) there are many different types of diving. Warm water,cold water, deep diving,wreck diving ect…… There are many good books that can be purchased online at Amazon.com just go to their web sight and do a search on scuba. You can find a lot of good information on the web about diving, but many web sights are reluctant to give out information that is too specific. Diving is an activity that is best learned from personal interaction with a qualified instructor. Getting information from books is fine for doing reports, but don’t mistake this for formal training. Good luck, I hope you find what your looking for. Arduous

Back
Top Bottom