Wanted Looking for: VDH Argonaut DSV (2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never ventured in the VDH.. what is so magical about them?

I did have someone down south offer to let me try his when I get down there, kind of excited to try it... but I still don't know what the hype is all about?

Is it just because you guys are old(er) and this "takes you back" to the 60's or whatever:rofl3:
There is the vintage cool factor.

No bubbles in front.

All the moving first and second stage metal parts are sealed in an air chamber. Nothing is exposed to water, sand, algae or anything else in the water. You do have to rinse the hoses after use.

No bubbles in front.
^^^I think this has me sold, at least enough to try it out.

Honestly I might actually have a DH in my basement, at least some parts. I need to take another look at what's in the box I got from an elderly wreck diver.

^^^I think this has me sold, at least enough to try it out.

Honestly I might actually have a DH in my basement, at least some parts. I need to take another look at what's in the box I got from an elderly wreck diver.
Them old things are dangerous... you should send it to me for proper disposal! lol.

Seriously, try a DH reg with someone who knows what they are doing. Proper positioning of the reg makes all the difference between a great or a miserable experience, and someone who knows what they are looking for can help you get it squared away much quicker. I did it by myself and verified that, yes, it is the hard way!

Best,

James

Double hoses are just very cool,
My best breathing DH is my Russian set,
Twin tanks, no backplate, total 72cuft.
Dive that in a shorty, you feel free, and almost naked, with a scooter you can last for a very long time..

It's kinda like a rebreather with the hoses,

Ok, so long overdue but heres a picture of the 3/4" manifold that I have. What do you think?

I still haven't looks for the parts of the VDH that I think I have.

Of the 3 72's I have only 1 is 3/4". The other 2 are 1/2npt (at least I think).

Edit: the al tanks that it's mounted on are scrap. They're empty, just need to clear them out already. From the 80's.

Attachments

• 20220321_205411.jpg
    20220321_205411.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 60
Ok, so long overdue but heres a picture of the 3/4" manifold that I have. What do you think?

I still haven't looks for the parts of the VDH that I think I have.

Of the 3 72's I have only 1 is 3/4". The other 2 are 1/2npt (at least I think).

Edit: the al tanks that it's mounted on are scrap. They're empty, just need to clear them out already. From the 80's.
That is, frankly, the perfect manifold for Double hose regs.... Many (most) DH regs have no ports for SPG or accessories (like an octo or power inflator). That manifold will let you put the DH on the center outlet, keeping it centered low between the shoulder blades, and allow you to put a single hose reg set on the right post (for octo, spg, and inflator hose/hoses). It appears to also have the J-valve assembly on the left post, which if serviceable will give you that function as a fail safe for anymore black water dives.
Simply put, I'm jealous of that manifold!

Best,

James

Meanwhile the DSV search continues....
Sorry can't help there... I know this is your thread and I'm just crashing the party.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom