looking for wild dolphin dive in Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cherinere

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all, been a year and a half since I have been here, wow you guys have really grown, good for you glad to see your still going strong. Now question for the masses, I would like to add a wild dolphin dive to our itinerary, we are diving in Nassau, bahamas and I can not seem to find any dive operations that offer this near the hotel. I really don't want to fly to another island for one and was wondering if anyone knew of a dive shop that offers this in Nassau. Thanks in advance. Cher :icon5:

cherinere:
Hello all, been a year and a half since I have been here, wow you guys have really grown, good for you glad to see your still going strong. Now question for the masses, I would like to add a wild dolphin dive to our itinerary, we are diving in Nassau, bahamas and I can not seem to find any dive operations that offer this near the hotel. I really don't want to fly to another island for one and was wondering if anyone knew of a dive shop that offers this in Nassau. Thanks in advance. Cher :icon5:

It is not common to have wild dolphins in the Nassau area at specific times so a boat that does that in that area will be hard to find. They are more common in the flats south of Nassau. The spotted dolphins are the ones that are playfull with humans in the water. The more common bottle nose love to fallow the boats but usually leave if you cut the engines and jump in the water. This is my experience in the area but someone else could easily know more than me since I only lived in the Bahamas for 6 months. Good luck.

Bobby

Bimini's the best place to see dolphins, even then its not easy. Luck has everything to do with it. The more prudent diving ops wouldn't do a "dolphin dive" anyway, as that's considered harassment. It's illegal in the U.S.. You'd have to have the dolphins approach you, not the other way around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom