Looking to buy a TI knife with at least a 6 inch blade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't dismiss the Randal model 16, is usually 7" but you may be able to get it in 6".
My husband has been using one for many years, and even if it isn't titanium it has proven to be quite good resisting rust in spite of less than perfect maintenance. I found a titanium one about 10 years ago but is about 4-5", good handle but a bit light weight... I take it with me with I don't think I'm going to need a knife.
I can understand wanting a big blade. When I'm planning to use a knife my favorite is the MK3 . The handle fits my hand well and the weight is conducive to good control.

A sharp dive knife?
The Buck 'Nemo.' Dive Knife
Razor sharp
Huge size
Was very expensive $$$$
It has not been produced for many years
I would assume it's value is as a dive knife collectable

but one never knows...….

Sdm

@Marie13 CE

I would assume it's value is as a dive knife collectable

but one never knows...….

That would be a good guess: rare vintage Buck 122 Nemo Knife-brown spacers- original sheath!!

upload_2019-6-28_9-18-43.png

The shears are good, but note that they are not actually titanium. They have a titanium nitride coating.
Then buy a six pack. They are $8 each. I've been diving the same pair for 10 years and they are still sharp.

@Akimbo !!!!!

$1285.00 Yankee dollars

Good Gosh Hombre
Thars gold in then thar knives !

I have a mint one -- never used !
The late Jim Stewart, DSO & CDO of SIO was a friend of Al Buck and convinced me to purchase a Nemo via SIO for the wholesale price of $100 rather than retail of $160 (as I recall)

I placed it as was the fashion of the era on right side of my weight belt.

The designer of the sheath made it about 1/4 to 1/2 to short and the point if the Nemo stuck out chipping away at my wet suit.

But that was just the beginning -- the knife was so sharp it was handling a bag of razor blades.. I never cut my self but I did manage to cut a few gloves - we were using garden or leather sheepskin gloves at the time-- and then there was the rust --

So I called up Al Buck --- We really had at it ! I cant recall ever having such a shouting match in my life before or after that conversation. Al who was not a diver was convinced that his knife was the best on the market and the best dive knife ever made. I was the oldest Instructor in OC and was VERY active in diving and considered it a piece of junk !
The conversation ended with me stating I was returning the knife and wanted a refund !

I packed it up with a harsh note and demanding my money

Several weeks later I received a package - a new Nemo wrapped in SDM Nemo adverstisemts

I knew the battle could not be won so I tossed it in my dive locker and hopefully it is still there - a mint Nemo -- after all these years!

Save your Nemo Knives -- Thars money in them thar Buck Nemo knives

Thanks for the heads up-

SAM

@Marie13 CE

$1285.00 Yankee dollars

Maybe... posting a price on E-bay is not the same as getting a price on E-bay. :)

I have a mint one -- never used !
The late Jim Stewart, DSO & CDO of SIO was a friend of Al Buck and convinced me to purchase a Nemo via SIO for the wholesale price of $100 rather than retail of $160 (as I recall)

When was that, around 1968? $100 then is about $736 now in inflation adjusted dollars. We have both made worse "investments".

How about an <$20 Titanium ER Shear? Better for almost any purpose except entangling yourself with an object strapped to your calf. It will cut through steel wire or fishing line effortlessly and is a lot more practical than a big pig sticker.

DGX Titanium EMT Shears | Dive Gear Express®

View attachment 526440

The shear is titanium coated, not titanium. But having that said, this shear and knife just don't rush and cut very well. Low cost so you can afford to replace if lost.

Several posts about losing knives. Could it be that people get knives without thinking on the fit of the handle?
The right blade is obviously important for a knife, but get the wrong size or shape handle and it's no longer a good knife. doesn't matter if is expensive or cheap enough to get it by the dozen.

I'm looking to purchase a TI blade with at least a 6 inch blade. Anyone have any ideas on a good one that won’t break the bank or is anyone trying to sell one? Thanks.

@Toby W
I have an Ocean Master Beta Titanium knife for sale. It does not have a 6" blade, it is 5"
It does not have a sheath unless you want my homemade one. The handle has a pummel to keep guys like @Akimbo happy. BTW the blade is sharp and has been for years. See the second knife from the bottom.
$40 including shipping CONUS

knives-jpg.479097.jpg

Edit with another picture.
full?d=1288745438.jpg

I have a unique California home - I have a basement and it the basement I have a dedicated dive locker.
I just pulled out a milk box of dive knives, some with sheaths, some with out sheaths and some spare sheaths that fit nothing in the collection

What is the official dedicated sheath for Ocean Master Beta Titanium knife ?

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom