Looks like we haven’t played the regulator ID game in a bit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think the knurled knob is stock.

Here's a manual. The MR12 stuff starts on page 25.
Thanks very much! I’m curious if the internals match up. I suspect it might be a copy by another company. I’m certainly no historian on the topic, but gathered from watching posts over the years that Dynasub sourced parts from many places (hence the Superflow seconds), and many companies in Italy were producing gear during that time period that never made it to mainstream US markets.

If this is an MR12 with 1 HP port, it probably doesn't have a replaceable HP seat. Mares says these are no longer serviceable, but you can try a new poppet (part 9 in the drawings on page 25 and 27) and see if the IP stays steady. There are multiple generations of the poppet, I'm not sure which one will seal best against the old seat.

I just realized this was only an update manual, so most of the pages are missing. I'll see if I can find an older one with more MR12 stuff.

You also need an R2 drawing. That was Mares' budget piston reg. The bodies are very similar.

Found them.

Attachments

• r1r2.pdf
    290.5 KB · Views: 57
  • mr12v12.pdf
    339.8 KB · Views: 127
It appears that mine are an older generation if they are MR12s. The pics that I’m finding have a concave curvature at cap of the regulator body, and mine are conical and flat.

I agree. They don't look like Mares regs to me. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

The DynaSub regs I could find pics of all had a reg body with a smaller diameter than the yoke.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom