Lost Camera today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is a long shot...but if any of you diving today found a camera, I have a devastated diver who would love to recover it,...

I gotta ask. How the hell do you loose a camera and strobe ? Especially if it floats.:confused:

I gotta ask. How the hell do you loose a camera and strobe ? Especially if it floats.:confused:

The strobe wasn't attached, the camera was buoyant, and he lost it at depth. See the other thread.

And maybe you've never been drift diving. Things can disappear fast if they get loose.

The strobe wasn't attached, the camera was buoyant, and he lost it at depth. See the other thread.
This one? http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/234426-i-m-doofus-who-lost-his-camera-yucab.html

Yeah, I like mine being buoyant and I do try to be careful keeping the lanyard cinched onto my wrist, but it can get away from you - caca happens. I have my name written on mine, but doubt that it'd help much at sea.
And maybe you've never been drift diving. Things can disappear fast if they get loose.
Doesn't sound like it and his profile ain't telling nothing. Lost at depth on a Coz drift dive would mean not even getting to watch it leave for long, I'd think. Capt Bobby of the Diver Down out of Atlantic Beach NC once followed the current and found one that'd be lost that way, but a lot of that was still luck I bet.

Didn't we have a thread just like this here a month or two ago? He didn't have trip insurance as I recall.

Tundra explained this...he was under the water taking pictures and while he looked away to get his wife's attention, the lanyard attached to his camera slipped off his wrist and the camera slipped off. It floated up and away with the current before he realized it. Things are what they are and Tundra's very simple explanation says it all.

Also, Tundra, Michael says yes to the nudi's and the Scorpion fish. As soon as we get back he will get them to you. SS

Back
Top Bottom