Lost Divers, Wings, Navigation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gozumutti

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

A curious thing happened to me yesterday on a weekend trip to France. I sighted a lost diver trudging up a mountain road, looking a bit disoriented. At first I thought that he had perhaps come in last at a navigation dive competition. I stopped to ask if he lost his way, and he explained that he had been sucked into a large bucket and thrown out over some burning wooded area some distance away.

I asked where this was, and he said "California". Apparently the qualities of a wing jackets are far superior than previously thought, as the aerodynamics enabled him to glide a great distance.

I was also reminded of a thread I saw on the Yorkshire Divers´ board, posted by Heads Up, in which he asked about the putative buddy in a similar tragic incident in which a diver lost his life. My suspicion is that the attached photos show the missing buddy, and explain why he was not found for such a long time.

Further questioning of this lost diver on my part revealed that he was none other than Scuba1, a member and contributor to this board.

gozu

Sharpenu, I think thats what Gozumutti was funning about.

I know, just providing the link. There are alot of funnies on snopes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom