Lost SMB and Finger reel at Dutch Springs today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladyfishdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I think near the schoolbus. Was hoping to get to practice deploying it but it escaped from my BC and swam away.
If you found it or find it, please PM me.

did you call Dutch to check their lost and found? I am up again this weekend and will keep an eye out

No I didn't. I should be up there again tomorrow and will ask about it then. It did not have my name on it.

Better to use it and lose it, than to not use it and lose your head! "Or something like that"

Sorry you lost it, I managed to stuff my deployment and had to let mine go or have an uncontrolled ascent. That's why I now have 2. Luckily the captain was on the ball and got it before it drifted away, and also found us as well.

Good captains are worth their weight in gold.

Hope you find it

I am not aware of any permit or permission required. There is nothing on their website under Rules that says they require a permit. I do not see why you could not practice deploying one.

I am unfamiliar with the need to get a permit to shoot a SMB? Why is this so? Never heard of it here in OZ

I practice shooting SMB's all the time at Dutch, no permission needed.

I'm out there tomorrow morning. I'll let you know if I come across it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom