Lost SMB and Finger reel at Dutch Springs today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had mine clipped on to a dring on the bottom right front which I do not find ideal because it hangs. I think I am going to add a d ring to the back of the BC so I can clip it up and out of the way and be more streamlined.

I had mine clipped on to a dring on the bottom right front which I do not find ideal because it hangs. I think I am going to add a d ring to the back of the BC so I can clip it up and out of the way and be more streamlined.

Pockets. Much better solution. Pockets with bungee loops in them. Very streamlined, very accessible, very organized.

If you are diving wet, use these....

I will have to pick up a pair of those. The pockets in my BC are useless when I have weights in my pouches.

I will have to pick up a pair of those. The pockets in my BC are useless when I have weights in my pouches.

Yup. Much better to have pockets where they belong (same place as on your pants), than on a BC. BC pockets are usually very small, hard to open and close, and are in an awkward position. Bellows pockets on shorts are easy to get into, and have bungee loops that you can clip all your gear off to....

Ack, if I had seen this post earlier, I'd have gonna a searching for you Doc. Wife and I were out there yesterday doing wreck reel practice, though we were over at the silo and the pump house. Still, it didn't migrate over there, but the viz was poor what with the rain and such. Made reel practice real though! haha! Cheers Mick.

----Break----
I asked the older folks working the gate once about doing SMB deployments a while back. They just looked at me and waved it off. That said, we do ours off the little used platforms. The 60' over at the pump house is never used, so its kinda out of the way for that - keeps people from freaking out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom