Lot o' Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MO +1 to slowing down, enjoy diving and learn by doing with a buddy or buddies with much more experience diving than you do.
What would be drills in training are/maybe done as SOP on dives. Those lessons are usually learned for life. I stopped diving for a while but, when I went back it was like I never stopped. IMO it was because of the way I learned to dive, formal training and then years diving with some very experienced divers. Good or bad habits stay with you longer than a few weeks of training.
It's not a race to collect the most cards in the least amount of time, unless that's what you want. Diving is the best pastime a body can have. Enjoy, make it part of your life, the answers to your questions will come as learn.

John already mentioned it, but I will also mention it. Logging training dives is required per PADI standards after each and every dive. You state your instructor did not fill out a log with you so he violated standards. Do you really want to take a professional level course with him?

I will also chime in with slowing down. If you have all these questions now you do not really have enough experience to move into a professional level. You also have stated a few times you can't afford this or that. As a DM you will be required to pay over $300 a year for liability insurance and another $85 a year in agency fees. That's over $400 a year. You will likely not get reimbursed for your DM work. Most shops count it as an internship for instructor. As an instructor, your insurance and agency fees double, so that's over $800 a year in fees. You will have a difficult time making that back as a new instructor. Get out there and get some experience diving before you try to teach others how to dive.

Back
Top Bottom