LX5 housing problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the rear dial controller on the 2 ikelite housings i received were different as mentioned, is there something missing from the one pictured?
I have returned the second housing and replaced it with a 10bar housing. Not what I wanted as this has incurred a lot more cost for me. However i am very happy with this housing - all the camera controls can be operated including the rear dial that works very well.

I just received my LX5, Ikelite housing, and DS 51 Strobe. I've been experimenting with macro, on land, and I can't seem to get the TTL to work properly with the stobe. Everything is grossly overexposed. Are there any special settings required?

John,

Enjoyed speaking with you this afternoon. It does sound like an electronics issue inside the housing. Sending the strobe and cord along with the housing should assure that you will have a properly operating system when we return it to you. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Please send your equipment along with a brief letter of explanation or this thread, and full contact information to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn. Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.
Indpls., IN 46208

Please include your name, complete return address, email, phone number, and your stated problem or service request. Normal service completion time is 2-3 weeks, however we can return it sooner for your trip as discussed.

Regards,

Brett:

I just sent you an email confirming that I shipped the equipment yesterday. I forgot to include my email address with the letter in the box. jcork2003@yahoo.com.

Thanks again for your help.

John

Brett:

I got the enclosure and strobe back from Ikelite on Friday, and am happy to say everything is working properly. Steve, in the service department, suggested I be sure the hot shoe is completely pushed into place until I hear a second click. I guess a newer chip was also installed in the enclosure circuitry. Regardless, it works. Thank you very much for your prompt and excellent service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom