Macho Men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds:
If I dive with a little guy how is he gonna scare off the dirty old men learing at me? :wink:

Just ignore them.

If they're REALLY persistent or get too close, YOU can scare them off. I'm petite, but I have no problems getting men to back off if necessary.

1. Perfect the "cut-eye". Look at him with your nastiest face and glaring eyes. That should take care of most.

2. If he's still persistent, give him the cut-eye AND ask him REALLY loudly, "Can I help you?" At this point, they'll usually get embarassed, apologize, and scamper away.

Use at your own risk!!

Or just ignore them. They're probably harmless anyway. Just don't put yourself in a situation where you're alone with them. Or get yourself a big female buddy... :07:

I'm good at glaring, I'll try that. I was also thinking a big dive knife might be a good idea. I only dive at a crowded local spot so I'm probably pretty safe but unidentified males who come within 10' of me without verbal declaration had better like pepper. :wink:

A girl with a big knife putting on neoprene and dive gear?

You don't know guys... that will just get them more excited...

I'm a male, but I'm far from considering myself to be "macho" guy. Yes, I am of above average physical strength and rowed crew competitively, but "macho" is an attitude, not a physical characteristic. You see, I am also a "geek". I work with computer and finance most fo the time, and one of my ideas of a good evening is discussing quantum theory with my roommate. But understand this: geeks will one day rule the world.

Avoid macho; find a geek who knows when and how to break a good sweat.

Gac:
I'm a male, but I'm far from considering myself to be "macho" guy. Yes, I am of above average physical strength and rowed crew competitively, but "macho" is an attitude, not a physical characteristic. You see, I am also a "geek". I work with computer and finance most fo the time, and one of my ideas of a good evening is discussing quantum theory with my roommate. But understand this: geeks will one day rule the world.

Avoid macho; find a geek who knows when and how to break a good sweat.
Or just find a nice guy more interested in diving with his dive buddy than louging around in his apartment with her discussing his geeky interests :07:

Ouch. [balls shrinking... or not]

I didn't mean that I PREFER that kind of evening, but I live in Omaha, NE, and getting to good water is rare. I would much rather be relaxing on a sailboat, diving all day, fishing, doting on my GF, and letting the sunset teach me everything about life I need to know.

...just doesn't happen in Omaha.

I just want a buddy who enjoys looking for itty bitty fish in shallow water. No silly stunts, no showboating, no obnoxious behavior, no zooming around at 80 knots, no yanking on my fins. Wimps who are afraid of thier shadow and whine about thier heavy tanks need not apply. As far as physique my ideal buddy should be fit enough so as not to be in immediate danger of heart failure. My only concern about physique is that I'm not a strong swimmer and not very strong otherwise and it is a challenge for me to tow even an average-sized guy using the armpit-push method.

Gidds, we should go diving some time. I like your attitude... diving is fun, and so few people actually like to just float around and look at things. They have to see *everything* but end up not seeing much.

Geez, I'm starting to sound like Uncle Pug... I'm going to get scared if I start carrying around a magnifying glass. So.. have you heard of DIR? :eyebrow:

Gac:
But understand this: geeks will one day rule the world.

LOL...Isn't that from 'Revenge of the Nerds'...or something??? Too funny.......

Oh, and on the topic....we're not all creeps. There are really only a few creeps who seem to ruin it for the rest of us normal guys....just watch out for the guys with glowing red eyes! :dry:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom