Macho Men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL. There is a description of how to submit an application to be my dive buddy in the Singles forum under the classifieds. :07:

I like to look for big fish but if they aren't around it's not like I'm gonna get out of the water. There is ALWAYS something to see. Little fish are very interesting to watch.

All males over the age of 15 who are not my male relatives, coworkers, or Buddhist monks are considored evil and creepy until proven innocent...ok not innocent but safe company at least :wink:

LOL... I just wanna dive with good buddies, not deal with the dive buddy equivalent of a Turkish court! :D

BTW, I've known a *very* creepy Buddhist monk or two, so you might want to reconsider your list... :eyebrow:

It might be from Revenge of the Nerds, I'm not sure. I haven't seen that movie for a while. I just say that from time to time when stereotyped as either a jock or a geek (I've been confused with both).

Diving... just relax, enjoy, and see everything! But not in one dive. See it all by diving as often as possible, not by having as long a dive as possible.

Gidds:
I just want a buddy who enjoys looking for itty bitty fish in shallow water. No silly stunts, no showboating, no obnoxious behavior, no zooming around at 80 knots, no yanking on my fins. Wimps who are afraid of thier shadow and whine about thier heavy tanks need not apply. As far as physique my ideal buddy should be fit enough so as not to be in immediate danger of heart failure. My only concern about physique is that I'm not a strong swimmer and not very strong otherwise and it is a challenge for me to tow even an average-sized guy using the armpit-push method.
If you like going slow looking for little fish, then you need to find a dive buddy who's a photographer. When I dive, I go real slow, looking in all the nooks and crannys, looking for what might be hiding, trying to get a good shot.
As for the "creepy internet" guys comment from a few posts ago....wouldn't all of us men posting on SB fall under that category? :shocked:
Relax, we're not all pervs, lurking in the bushes waiting on the next unsuspecting woman to walk by. :devil_3: Rather than trying to cause you harm by coming within 10 ft of you, maybe we're just trying to be friendly, and talk to another diver. I know I've introduced myself to other divers at a dive site before. Give guys the benefit of the doubt until they show they don't deserve it, you'll find most of us worth the effort.
Chris

jonnythan:
Gidds, we should go diving some time. I like your attitude... diving is fun, and so few people actually like to just float around and look at things. They have to see *everything* but end up not seeing much ...
You know , I was thinking the same thing about her attitude and wanting to go diving with her , particularly after saying she practiced the tired diver tow with her budy, very conscientious diver thinking

OK Gidds , you can go right or left and you'll find a dive buddy at each coast :)

DB

Gidds:
It's NOT at all funny :angry: I've had problems with "Internet guys" before,

It was just the way you wrote it. I have one teenage and a young twenties daughters and nieces who talk like that and it just made me laugh. Sorry if I offended you.

Gidds:
I am trying to find myself some dive buddies and I'd prefer to dive with another female but I somehow forgot what a "macho" sport this is! Now that I've had time to think about it yes the majority of the people at local dive sites are men, most of the employees at the LDS are men, and boy there seem to be a lot of men on this board!

Do you ladies dive primarily with a.) men b.) other ladies c.) 50/50?

I'm going to see if the LDS can help me find a female buddy but I may just have to bite the bullet.

I usually end up diving with guys because there just isn't that many other single female divers out there. It seems that most female divers are already paired up with a husband or a boyfriend. I love to dive and if that means usually diving with guys I have no problem with that.
I think for the most part divers just want to dive and it doesn't matter what gender their buddy is.

I usually end up diving with women about 65% of the time, mind you I live in a resort area. I love it, they are usually great divers and fun to be with. A lot of the women divers who live here are single so I get to dive with them too. Not a bad gig.

Back
Top Bottom