Mahahual dive ops questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

etexdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A small group of 4 of us are going to Mahahual this fall. There are a few dive ops that get pretty good reviews, (mostly from cruise ship divers), but we are interested in finding out if any of the ops in Mahahual would store our dive gear during the week so we wouldn't have to hump it to and from the rental every day. Also, recommendations for a dive op for a weeks diving would be helpful. Thanks!

Dove with Dreamtime Divers twice and have nothing but compliments about JohnO, the owner and his crew. They are a small family run PADI dive shop and they are very professional in their approach to diving and ocean conservation. Give them a call, and I would be very surprised if they would not store your gear.

A small group of 4 of us are going to Mahahual this fall. There are a few dive ops that get pretty good reviews, (mostly from cruise ship divers), but we are interested in finding out if any of the ops in Mahahual would store our dive gear during the week so we wouldn't have to hump it to and from the rental every day. Also, recommendations for a dive op for a weeks diving would be helpful. Thanks!

Take the turn after gassing up at the Pemex and go to Xcalak & dive with XTC Dive Center, XTC DIVE CENTER | Scuba diving, Snorkelling, Fishing and Excursions in Xcalak, Costa Maya Mexico. You won't regret it.

Reactions: BRT
Thanks for the advice Altamira. I will check with them.

Ithomas132. We are NOT driving over 2 hours every day to and from Xcalak, from Mahahual, to pay an exorbitant amount of money for diving. I knew I should have included 'not including XTC dive center in Xcalak'.
Thanks for responding though.

Thanks for the advice Altamira. I will check with them.

Ithomas132. We are NOT driving over 2 hours every day to and from Xcalak, from Mahahual, to pay an exorbitant amount of money for diving. I knew I should have included 'not including XTC dive center in Xcalak'.
Thanks for responding though.

Yea, that extra $10 could be a game changer. I also would hate having to drive back & forth, especially through the cruise ship Disneyland in Mahahual. Have fun.

Yea, that extra $10 could be a game changer. I also would hate having to drive back & forth, especially through the cruise ship Disneyland in Mahahual. Have fun.
Yea, more like $30 extra per day, per diver. 2 extra hours driving time per day, while on vacation, is stupid. AND there will be 1 cruise ship in during the week, between the hours of 6am and 2 pm, and we will be diving anyway, so will you shut up already, please? Your advice is no longer needed or wanted.

Yea, more like $30 extra per day, per diver. 2 extra hours driving time per day, while on vacation, is stupid. AND there will be 1 cruise ship in during the week, between the hours of 6am and 2 pm, and we will be diving anyway, so will you shut up already, please? Your advice is no longer needed or wanted.

I'm out. Hope you get good air!

Last edited:
Air was good at Dreamtime Divers. I know--I checked it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom