Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another minor issue which I mention in case knowing that it's happening is useful, and not because I think it needs fixing:

When searching with the getdaily argument, the number returned seems to increase as you page through the list. For example, I just did it and initially got 120 threads on 5 pages. Going to page 2, it's now saying 145 threads on 6 pages. On page 3, it's reporting 170 threads.
Page 4 = 195 threads available.
Page 5 = 220 threads.
Page 6 = 245 threads.
Page 7 = 270 threads.
Page 8 = 295 threads.
Page 9 = 320 threads.
Page 10 = 345 threads.
Page 11 = 347 threads.
Page 12 = 347 threads.
Page 13 = 347 threads.
Page 14 = 347 threads.

Don't know if this is related to a db rebuild in progress or indicates some other problem.

BTW Howard, one small issue I've noticed. I can live with it, but just an FYI

Might just be my browser, but if I click preview post, then I can't submit it. I have to preview, then browser button back and submit. It's like it only allows you to move preview one time, then all functions quit working until you page back.

Same for me. .

1. I've answered this in several places... I'm sorry. There is no countdown function for this version of vBulletin.

2. Yes... but not for a few weeks (when we get our final re-design)

3. I don't understand. Reply to Thread is at the bottom of the screen by the quick reply box.

:)

1. I didn't see that elsewhere, sorry. I'll go delete my countdown from my signature.

2. Great! I look forward to that.

3. No matter whether I click on the "Reply To Thread" at the bottom of the page or any of the options at the bottom of a post, I'm directed to the "Quick Reply" dialogue box rather than the full function reply box. I think the only thing I lose is the ability to include emoticons.

Update: I just clicked on the Advanced option per Dandy Don and hey, whaddya know, the full featured reply dialogue box just popped up.

Thanks for the reply.

3. No matter whether I click on the "Reply To Thread" at the bottom of the page or any of the options at the bottom of a post, I'm directed to the "Quick Reply" dialogue box rather than the full function reply box. I think the only thing I lose is the ability to include emoticons.

Update: I just clicked on the Advanced option per Dandy Don and hey, whaddya know, the full featured reply dialogue box just popped up.
Well, you lose a number of features if you stick to the Quick Reply box, altho you may not use the others much. Going to Advanced works well if you don't want to quote, otherwise you have to Quick Reply quote first, then go to Advanced - I think.

O.K. I was going to post a screen shot per my earlier post in this thread, but now can't even figure out how to do THAT. Shouldn't I be able to "browse" my files to select attachment?

Now I feel like a reall dumb-a$$.......

First you select add files

Capture.JPG

Then you select files

Capture2.JPG

Hope this helps.

Yeah... the new post link pulldown i had to hard code into the forum. It's the best I could do.

Couple of minor bugs I noticed in the new New Posts drop down menu, if you think they're worth fixing (since you have lots on your plate already):

The Regional & Travel link includes forum number 365. Don't know if I just can see it, but it doesn't seem to exist for me. Maybe this was meant to be another forum currently missing from the list.

All Things SCUBA has forum number 554 (NACD) included twice. Again, maybe one of the duplicates was meant to be another forum currently not included.

Thanks Howard, so I have to have the pic in my gallery first correct?

Thanks Howard, so I have to have the pic in my gallery first correct?
You can but you can also just click the Insert Inline button after you've uploaded it and place it in your post for a one-time use. You can also later pick a previously uploaded image to insert in another thread. I'm not quite sure how it works yet as I have about 20 images stored and accessible yet I only have 3 Photos in my gallery. It's like the new upgrade has an expanded version of the previous "attachments" program.

Also wherever the cursor is in your post is where the image now gets inserted. Which is handy, I've already used it a couple of times to highlight various features for other posters with multiple images mixed in with the text.

I must really be dumb. I've uploaded pics here before in the old format, but now I can't figure out a thing. Perhaps I am overthinking it, but I don't want to carry this OT too far. Thanks Steve for the suggestion, but I have no idea what you are talking about :) (I would have put a smiley there, but couldn't find those either. When I hit Reply, it takes me to quick reply, so maybe I'm not getting a full set of options or something. Getting frustrated, so I'll give it a rest I guess.

Thanks Howard for doing all of the changes. The original intent was to show a pic so you could see one of the issues I was seeing. Now, I have discovered other issues (maybe my technical un-savyness) that are just pi$$ing me off. LOL. But like my signature line says......I guess I tried, so now I look stupid. Sorry guys.

J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom