malapascua in august 07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbb:
I think it's worth the trip. Make sure to check out Gato Island and the lighthouse night dive for Mandarin fish. I recommend the chicken Fajitas at Sunsplash. I stay at the Wobbly Boot Resort (Kwan Bar) they have bungalos for 850 pesos or so with private bath, fan - some have taken issue with the place but just make sure the water is turned on to your unit and there are no leaking faucets. They do have a swimming pool too. Otherwise there are plenty of other places to stay with ac and varying price ranges. Shop around because I don't think it will be very busy.

In response to the guys comments on water. I haven't been there during that month but have in May and November. In May at the end of the dry season the well water is a little brackish (I wouldn't drink it at any time). There might be a little sulphur smell to the water but I have never had much issue with it or getting a good soap lather. By August I wouldn't think water scent would be much of a concern.

I stayed at the Wobbly Boot Resort, its a 5min walk to the beach. But, the only issue I had with the resort was, its near a Karaoke bar and listening to out-of-tune-American-idol wannabes at night is too much.

Oh yeah, if you decide to go to Malapascua, you have to try the crepes at Sunsplash - awesome.

thanks guys. i was worried that the length and uncomfortable trip to the island won't be diluted by the quality of diving and the beach when we get there. i have no problem with everything else being basic, although david might squirmed thinking bout it. lol.

so, there are still tresher sharks during this month, no?

@pak, we are definitely going to cabilao.

subzero:
I stayed at the Wobbly Boot Resort, its a 5min walk to the beach. But, the only issue I had with the resort was, its near a Karaoke bar and listening to out-of-tune-American-idol wannabes at night is too much.

Oh yeah, if you decide to go to Malapascua, you have to try the crepes at Sunsplash - awesome.

Yes, crepes the best on to ask for is the "Filipina" - coconut and chocolate syrup - but get this on an island full of coconut they never have coconut available at the restaurant.

Hey subzero, if the Koaroke keeps to up at night you're not diving enough. Seriously glad you remembered to mention that part. It's never kept me up at night, not even November festival weekend kept me from catching my z's.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom