Malware on ScubaBoard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the effort, Pete, HowardE, and everyone else behind the scenes. Good of you all to stress and lose sleep over keeping SB in one piece so that it continues to be safe and available for FREE. :)

I keep getting a message, a script is trying to run, that will slow down your computer, every time I switch pages when I'm in the new post mode. When I try to open a thread it just freezes. I'm now running in Mobile and everything is fine

Toss your cookies (delete history). Howard found the hole and plugged it. Its a universal issue that most forums will have to deal with sooner or later. Not only have we cleansed the system, but I suspect that Howie has made it impossible for them to do this again. That being said, those who want to disrupt productivity and fun are spending hours and hours trying to find a weakness. Consequently, we are employing a multi-level approach to security. Obviously, since it pertains to our security, I won't be forthcoming with our protocols. :shocked2:

Toss your cookies (delete history). Howard found the hole and plugged it. Its a universal issue that most forums will have to deal with sooner or later. Not only have we cleansed the system, but I suspect that Howie has made it impossible for them to do this again. That being said, those who want to disrupt productivity and fun are spending hours and hours trying to find a weakness. Consequently, we are employing a multi-level approach to security. Obviously, since it pertains to our security, I won't be forthcoming with our protocols. :shocked2:

If only you could pull a computer id from the attack, you could then provide all of scubaboard users with the identity and all known emails of the perpetrators...and we could all get involved in some form of planned "response" :D

If only you could pull a computer id from the attack, you could then provide all of scubaboard users with the identity and all known emails of the perpetrators...and we could all get involved in some form of planned "response" :D
Oh, we know who attacked us and have informed the proper authorities. Other types of retaliation are never appropriate and usually back fire in some way.

I wouldn't say impossible, but like I used JB Weld to glue it shut.

Clearing cookies really helped.

Several of us are experiencing very slow loading speeds this morning, and only here on SB. I dumped cookies, etc. I also switched from Firefox to IE, which seems to have helped a bit.

Anyone else experiencing these issues? suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom