Manus Island, PNG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi , anyone been to manus island? Im looking into it for dive destination 2008

Hello mr. b, I believe there is a dive op there, very low profile, I think I found it last time by checking the Manus Island visitor site?

But another, better option would be the liveaboard Golden Dawn which does some trips out of Manus in the Summer, check the MV Golden Dawn website for the dates, only boat that goes that far North. Great boat, great Captain and the trip takes you to the very remote Hermits and Ninigo atolls. This will be my next PNG trip... -Andy

Andy: I have a charter Sep. 13-25, 2008 on the Golden Dawn to the Hermits and Ninigo out of Wewak and disembarking in Madang. You can verify this by going to their website. Airfare is outrageous, I gotta warn you. If this is something that might interest you, I may have a few openings available if some the people I've invited don't come thru.

Andy: I have a charter Sep. 13-25, 2008 on the Golden Dawn to the Hermits and Ninigo out of Wewak and disembarking in Madang. You can verify this by going to their website. Airfare is outrageous, I gotta warn you. If this is something that might interest you, I may have a few openings available if some the people I've invited don't come thru.

Hello Manuel Sam, yes I might take you up on that, have to see how things pan out money/time wise. The air fare is a shock and has forced me to take 3 Indo trips in a row-I have no idea what Air Nui Guinea are thinking. I've been on GD 4 times and can't wait to get back, so I am motivated...

Andy: email me offline at manuel.sam@ge.com once you decide.

Yeah, the airfare was a shocker to me too, and part of the reason why some people appear to have dropped out. I can tell you that the boat will cost you under $300 a night - you've been on the boat so you know that there are different cabin types. There will be slight differences in the price depending on which cabin. Take care.

Hi Mr B,

I will think you will find that the dive operator has closed down at Manus (gone out of business) - Better places in PNG to go for a dive holiday than manus.
If you want to do that area of PNG then do it by live-aboard. Golden Dawn does some trips up than way as a part of her circuit
To be honest better diving else where in PNG than MANUS IS - the reefs and Island further to the west are great (Hermits, Ninigo, Wuvalu).
Then of course you have got lisenung Is in Kavineg far better, Rappopo Resort in Rabaul (some good wrecks), Loloata resort in Port Moresby, Walindi Resort over in Kimbe bay.
And then you got the FeBrina, Stardancer, Telita live-aboards to name a few - just depends what you want to see and how.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom