March 28, Dive with ScubaBoard members on the Great Escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Based on the success and the terrific time we had last time, I have set one more dive date, Saturday, March 28, 2009. This trip is planed for three great dives around Catalina.

If you missed the last trip, don't miss out on this one!

If this trip is half as much fun as the last one, who knows, we just may have to make this a regular event!

There is limited space so please PM/email me if you want to join in the fun.

Cost: $130. per person.

And yes, we will have more prizes!:D

-------------------------------------------------------
From their website: Southern California Scuba Diving - Great Escape Dive Boat
What to Bring

Each guest is responsible for bringing their own diving gear, including tank and weight belt. The Great Escape does not provide any gear at this time.

We suggest that you bring a submersible pressure gage, depth gage, timing device or dive computer, and buoyancy compensating device. All tanks brought aboard will be checked for current Hydro and VIP status before being filled. Divers are responsible for monitoring their own bottom times and dive tables.

Don't forget to bring your certification card plus a fishing license if you intend to take game. Don't forget dry towels, sun screen, etc. Guests are not allowed to bring large coolers aboard. We have a large built in freezer for keeping your game. Small "playmate" size coolers are OK. All bunks include blankets and pillows, but you may feel more at home if you bring your favorite sleeping bag. Also, bring a little cash for the galley and tips. Air fills, food, and non-alcoholic beverages are included in the price of all trips.

I just noticed this on the Great Escape website. Cool !!!! :D

The only problem for us is that the boat doesn't show diving the following day and we would not drive all the way to Calif for only a single day of diving. We would need a guaranteed second day. Other than that, we might be in. We've been on the GE diving 2 years in a row (during the summer) and I have trip reports, photos, and videos if anyone is interested.
last year's trip: http://www.rnrscuba.net/Calif_08/CaliforniaTripReport_Aug2008.html
Calif videos (some from Great Escape trips): California, Channel Islands on Vimeo

robin:D

The only problem for us is that the boat doesn't show diving the following day and we would not drive all the way to Calif for only a single day of diving. We would need a guaranteed second day. Other than that, we might be in. We've been on the GE diving 2 years in a row (during the summer) and I have trip reports, photos, and videos if anyone is interested.
last year's trip: http://www.rnrscuba.net/Calif_08/CaliforniaTripReport_Aug2008.html
Calif videos (some from Great Escape trips): California, Channel Islands on Vimeo

Well, the great escape might not be going out on the 29th but there are plenty of other boats that do. The sun diver express is going out on the 29th and it's nearby in long beach. Check some of the other boats, I think most boats go out on sundays as well!

Robin, I do hope you can make the trip, I love your videos and would like to swap stories and techniques with you.:wink:

Robin, I do hope you can make the trip, I love your videos and would like to swap stories and techniques with you.:wink:

thanks, we would love to come out and meet up with everyone. I am working on it. :D
I am currently camcorderless........ due to my ******** in Roatan in Nov. I have bought a replacement for topside but no underwater rig yet. No $$$ for it currently. :depressed: So if we do make the trip, I will shoot video topside only. Ron will be shooting underwater stills though. :D

I'm in! And Dave, the weather and water better be at least as nice as last time :D

CatalinaScubaboard019.jpg

(Note Dave looking pretty pleased with the way the day turned out)

CatalinaScubaboard023.jpg

Do you have a count of how many people have signed up yet? How many are needed for the boat to go?

We are still thinking about this one. Maybe we will dive down in San Diego on Friday, then this trip on Saturday.. or Spectre on Sunday. Either one of those options would give us 2 full days of diving and would be worth the 12 hour drive! :D
What is water vis like in late March?
I worked with my drysuit last week here in 62 degree water. Did 3 dives and didn't die. So maybe diving in Calif in winter/spring willl happen for me this year! :D

We have about a dozen so far, but it is still early.
I think he will go with 15 or so. I do hope you will join us, it should be a blast!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom