Mares Contact Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Zak,

I have a mares proton octopus and the cover has broke. Specifically, the plastic mesh around the cover of the purge has broken. My understanding is that this problem has occurred in mass on this model and that the model has now been discontinued. I am also unable to purchase replacement parts/covers for this piece of equipment. Will Mares replace my octopus or provide a new cover based on the obvious design issue with this model? Please let me know. I have enjoyed my Mares equipment immensely and would love to continue to purchase, use, and promote Mares equipment. I am hoping Mares will do the right thing. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Aaron

Our contact information is on our website under the Mares network tab / Distributors / America as are all other distributors throughout the world. We do not publish this in our manuals because distribution channels and service centers are always evolving and changing on a global level.

It is not necessary to contact us through this forum. I consider it an added service level we and a handful of other brands are extending to you. Under normal circumstances it is protocol to deal with questions, problems, warranty issues etc. through an authorized dealer. While this is normal protocol, we understand there are situations that need or can be helped by our company, and we are engaging 100% to try and fullfill everyone's needs. I hope this answers your question.

Jim, I'm not sure why you are of this opinion. Phil and I spend many hours here on the board over weekends, before and after normal work day hours, answering questions and finding resolution to problems in an effort to provide better service levels. In addition Phil and I also do our day job working for Mares. Our customer service center is open and available from 9am eastern to 3pm pacific Mon - Fri answering 97% of all calls within 1 minute or less. While this is not perfect I believe it is very good.

Phil Mintz: Vice President of Mares U.S. is an active member on the board. He is accessible through the Mares sub forum, and or by PM. In our company, in the U.S. he is considered the Muckity Muck. Most of the time if you post in the Mares forum or PM one of us, it goes directly to our computer or phone. This happens pretty fast.

I think we are doing a really good job and I hope this answer helps you to see it as well.

Best regards,

Greetings,

I have been given a Mares Guardian computer from a friend's wife after he past away. There was no manual and finding one for this model has been quite the adventure. I found one but my Russian is rather nonexistent! Can someone direct me to a pdf or send me a copy of this manual?

Cheers,

Jim

I have just converted over from Microsoft to apple and have installed diver diary onto my 2016 MacBook Air. All seems ok and the Mac is finding my mares matrix and diver diary is allowing me to download my dives. However although my matrix is correctly displaying the depths in the logbook and everywhere it should correctly ( all dives around 18 to 25 metres as I am a recreational diver) once they download to the diver diary they are between 55 and 70 metres !
I am using divers diary V1.7.1
Running OS X El Capitan V 10.11.6 on a macbook air.

Do you have any Mares distributor / service center in India. I am a ASSET scuba regulator technician and a qualified SCUBAPRO technician in South India. We use to get lots of Mares equipment for service. But unfortunately, we do not get any spares but somehow manage to service them or send them back without servicing. Kindly advise for the same.

Regards
Gilbert

Hi Zak
I have the same contact problem for ıtaly since ı am in Turkey the distributor do not change my bc dragon with a hole in the pocket area. The service agree that this is 100% production fault. But this is my 2015 birtday gift and ı do not have invoice. So what shall ı do now? I would like to contact with italy directly but could not found the contact details as well. Thanks for your support

Message sent to your profile.
Best,
Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom