Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Central Europe the exchange of the Mares Icon HD has started on the 1st of June. The new device is called "Icon HD air net ready". The process is quite straightforward. You bring your "old" Icon to the dealer where you purchased it with the proof of purchase. The dealer connects it via USB to the computer and flags the device for exchange through a Mares application, a process which serves two purposes: one, it registers the device with Mares to prevent double exchanges, and two: it activates the delivery of the new device to the dealer for the actual exchange which happens when the new device actually reaches the dealer. The Icon itself stays with you during this period, and you can use it as usual. When the dealer receives your new Icon, the customer is invited to deliver the "old" Icon along with the complete contents of the neoprene box. An upgrade fee for the transmitter is paid (in CE: 350&#8364:wink:, and the customer gets the transmitter and the new computer.

I don't know if this system will be used worldwide. The exchange will definitely be possible only from June 1st to December 31st. After that date it will NOT be possible to upgrade the Icon. If you decide that you want the air functionality after Dec 31st, you will need to buy a new device. New customers can purchase the new Icon with or without the Air Transmitter, albeit the price will be (much) higher than the price of the Icon prior to the exchange process. That way the existing customers are "rewarded" for their patience. Also, new customers who don't want the air integration, will have the option to buy the refurbished icons (the ones returned by those who opted for the exchange) at a lower price, but with a full warranty period. The warranty of the new Icon starts with the date of the pick-up. The exchange is possible only for the "old" devices purchased BEFORE June 1st. If you purchased the device AFTER June 1st, you will not be able to exchange it, as this protects the old customers, since the price of the new device will be significantly higher. Again, this is for Central Europe.

The prerequisites are that the Icon must have the version 2.0 of the software loaded, and it must be charged over 50%. The contest of the box must be complete: Icon HD, USB cable, USB connector, USB charger with all adapters, instructions CD, and the neoprene box.

So there. My Icon is flagged, and I'm waiting for the call to pick up my new Icon.

That is great news that the air integration has been released in europe . Hope it will get to Africa before the next Ice age !!!!
My Icon Hd is dead after about 30 odd dives and I can't get it to start up ! The last thing I did was to download the upgrade for the dive organiser and now the Icon don't communicate with the pc !!!!
Is there anyone else that had the same problem ?

I purchased my Icon while I was on a vacation in Italy but I live in Istanbul, Turkey. I have all the accesories as well as the original invoice.
Can't I just return it back through a local MAres dealer in Turkey?

Thx.
Oktay

I just wonder what happened to "Air integration upgrade will be available from spring 2011"(from Mares website), because according to my calendar is already Summer and we still cant buy it.I have only one explanation, Mares is using Mayan calendar and they hope that in 2012 would be end of the world, and we wouldn't need AI anyway. It would be no surprise to me if soon on Mares website we would see info "Air integration upgrade will be available from Winter 2012" :wink:.

Back
Top Bottom