Mares Limited Edition Morphos Metal Tech BCD vs Mares Dragon AT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Advokat

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,what is the difference between Mares Limited Edition Morphos Metal Tech BCD and Mares Dragon AT?Will I notice difference using it in recreational diving?Thanks

Both are actually quite similar. Dragon is more of a traditional jacket style bcd. Morphos is a hybrid utilizing jacket and back inflate properties. We coined it arm chair flotation. On the surface when inflated it is like your sitting in a recliner chair. While both have slightly different bouyancy characteristics, both are great for recreational diving. Another unique feature is the self enclosing pouch. The Morphos can be folded and zipped into it's own "coccoon" for easy carry and travel.

There may be a slight difference on how many d rings and where they are positioned, but negligable. Should you decide to purchase the morphos you will have 1 of only 2000 manufactured world wide.

Hope this helps,

I believe the weight pockets are also slightly different with the Dragon having the newest version. but my Morphos pockets work just fine, so... No complaints here!

Codman you are corrrect. Thanks for pointing that out.

I don't remember what is in the manual, but I've been able to fit 32 lbs into my Morphos combining the two weight pockets and the rear stabiliser pockets (non-ditchable). That,s what was needed for my 14mm wetsuit (7+7) for diving up here...

Hope this helps!

Advokat:
How much weight can fit into Morphos pockets?Whats its lifting capacity?

Lift capacity is 42lbs in M,L,XL.

Hi ADV, you are going to have to try this out for yourself and see what YOU prefer! It is YOUR PERSONAL choice. Now for ME, I use about 1/3 of the weight in the rear trim pockets, and the rest split in the two front pockets. In your case, this would mean 6lbs in the back, and 12 in front. You can try this out and see how you like it, but don't hesitate to try different combinations and determine what works best for you! I spent some time in the local pool testing this.

Hope this helps!

Can I actually take off the cocon?or how to roll it up properly,so the edges are not sticking out,as its not that clear on the picture in the manual.

Back
Top Bottom