Mares Limited Edition Morphos Metal Tech BCD vs Mares Dragon AT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rool it up, use the velcro to fasten it, and tuck it under the plastic plate, or wherever you can find that is suitable.

Ad, it's a recreationa BC. I think you'd be very limited for technical diving with it.

AD,

As for the coccoon. When laid on the ground face down. Fold the outer corners of the material in, at a diagonal. then proceed to wrap in a tight roll. there is velcro to secure it adjacent to the back plate. If the coccoon is not important to you, it can be cut off. I think you'll find the rolling method is good enough to keep it. I is nice to be able to stuff the bc in it's own carrying case.

Best,

Advokat,

Yes the Dragon has 2 trim weight pockets. They are located just inside of the back of the bcd down low. Recommended weight capacity of 5lbs per pocket.

Best,

Before I bought the Morphos I was looking at the Dragon as well. They are practically the same, the Dragon is newer but the Morphos is a better deal.

i own a limited morphos, (# is like 1070 or something) and like it alot... its really confi and very well built, and designed...
i too though of cutting the cocoon off... but if you roll it up its just fine.
my brother dives a dragon at and i have used it and was just as good to me... almost the same... so go with what you like best (for looks, if you really care) or what you can get cheaper...
if you're a med or small i think scubatoys has some that will fit you and they are mighty cheap.... check it out.

Hey guys, I SUGGEST you spread your lead in between your BC and belt (n such a way so you are neutrally buoyant at the surface with the suit only). Not that I care but, if you have to dump your rig for some unexpected reason, you might not leave to regret it.
Dive Safe.
N.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom