Mares MRS Pocket concern.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcace007

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On our first dive trip with her new Mares Kaila BC my wife's weight pocket came out twice! Once I saw it and recovered it for her and the second we got back on the boat and it was gone! Luckily our DM jumped in and found it for us.

When we got it back the second time one of the tabs was broken off that kept it in place. We tied it in place for all the rest of the dives (with a close watch and a BC Knife handy in case of the need to ditch) and finished our trip.

Well being ever the procrastinator I neglected to contact mares about the issue and stowed all our gear. Now we're leaving on a trip in a couple weeks so my wife ordered replacement MRS pockets, the problem is that she ordered small ones rather than the ones for her L BC, while they fit in and she doesn't need more than the 9LB recommended each side will there be a problem with using these pockets?

Got them from Leisurepro and just looked they don't have XL pockets in stock and won't get them before we leave for our trip.

I assume that it won't be a problem, the bummer is that I dive a Dragon XL BC and the pockets are the same for both, so having a spare new one as well as a "serviceable" second was appealing.

Should I return them or move forward?

Thanks in advance Scuba Board!

Private message sent.

Same thing happened to my wife's Kaila BCD. Her weight pocket came out with the tabs broken when she jumped from the boat. It was a brand new Kaila BCD. Unfortunately we couldn't find the pocket as it was open sea and way too deep. It took us 3 months to get a new one...

Back
Top Bottom