Mares quattro Excel OR Mares Volo Power???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have decided to buy the Volo Power first next week, and then next month im gonna buy the Quattro Excel! why choose when i can have both !!!

As i hear they are very different fins, both suited for different things, so by buying both I get a a pair of fin sets, who suppliment each other very well. I already have a pair of fullfoot Volo Race which is excelent btw to snorkel and such.

Hehe - you got to much money Brian :p

I'm also in the process of buying fins so this topic was helpfull. I'm a powerfull swimmer but I like to have fins with good control, any suggestions girls and guys?

both have great control. As stated before the difference is in the power or thrust. Max thrust and power go with the excel, easier swimming and good thrust and power go with the volo power.

Hope this helps.

Good diving to you.

Zak

Brian.Bergh:
I have decided to buy the Volo Power first next week, and then next month im gonna buy the Quattro Excel! why choose when i can have both !!!

As i hear they are very different fins, both suited for different things, so by buying both I get a a pair of fin sets, who suppliment each other very well. I already have a pair of fullfoot Volo Race which is excelent btw to snorkel and such.

I second the too much money : p.

After you've been using them both for a month or two, come back and write a review stating which one you prefer and why. I'd be curious to see if you gravitate towards using one fin over the other.

Yeah -but ...

Has anyone compared the excells to the old quattros - the plana avanti?

I kinda liked those but they used to kill, not my ankle itself, but the front of my foot. This I know to be a regular complaint about those, but if the excell is different I might go for thém. I too have too much money this month.

I have volo powers and Atomic splits. The volos are very easy on the leg. However, my recommendation is that if you have any kind of leg strength, and/or anticipate swimming in any kind of current or adverse conditions, get a stiffer fin than the volo.

Hi guys, i have changed my mind and is going to buy the Mares Quattro Excel first, i have pretty good leg power, and want some power.

I have just tried a pair of Dacor Black Tiger fins today i got really cheap
(you can never have to many fins :)), and people say that they are hard, i think they where good but too soft.

I have been diving Mares Power Planas since '88 and was quite happy with them. They are quite stiff but offer a lot of power. I recently got a pair of Volo Powers and absolutely love 'em. They are a much easier kick but generate plenty of power. I just got back form the Maldives and the currents were often ripping. While most dives were with the current, occassionaly we had to kick into upon decent to get behind a thila, and the Volo's were quite capable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom