Marking my new tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Georgia bubble blower:
Heck, I just thought that they slapped a sticker on there just like they did for the Vis. Seems like that would be much easier.

VIP is an industry based feel good thing.

Hydrostatic testing is a federal requirement hence the permanance. I have no doubt that a sticker could be made that would last the 5 years.

I got a box of those colored bungees that girls use to hold pony tails together and put two of them (red and yellow) around the neck of my tanks, along with my initials in black sharpie on the crown. Some of my buddies do the same thing but with different colors.
The colored bungees make it very easy to identify my tanks in a crowd, the sharpie initials are there in case of a primary marking bungee failure. :)

I like that colored bungee idea , with a backup no less :D
I marked my steel tank with a magic marker after cleaning a spot with alcohol .. initials on top at neck and this on the side with my name in the circle :)
HellFish200x200.jpg

Back
Top Bottom