Married but single Diver what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cabana Boy

I mean really, you do want her to have fun, don't you?

RICoder:
My fiance refers to him as "Philipe, the cabana boy"...hrm
does she loan him out?

rpayne:
Background:

. My wife however has had no interest in scuba diving as of yet. Her comments are " I am perfectly happy staying on top of the water." I am not going to pressure her into diving, but I have told her that I think it would be more pleasurable with the two of us doing it rather than just me. But if that's decision I respect it, hopefully over time she might change her mind. Personally I believe she afraid she'll drown or something. But like I said I have to intention of pressuring her into it. If she doesn't want to that’s fine with me. Second most of our vacations have been only to Disney World or Ashland NC.

Rob

Save up about 5 of Shaka Zulu's avatars and tell your wife that these are the ladies in your open water class and you're going to Cozumel for three days with them for your open water dives. She'll lose her fear of diving real fast.

Hank49:
Save up about 5 of Shaka Zulu's avatars and tell your wife that these are the ladies in your open water class and you're going to Cozumel for three days with them for your open water dives. She'll lose her fear of diving real fast.

Hank

She'd probably tell me I'm not allowed to go diving anymore...

pennypue:
does she loan him out?
I'll ask...

DAMN YOU, PHILIPE!!!

------------------BACK ON TOPIC---------------

My SO and I just got back from 10 days in Nassau. I logged 12 dives over 6 days, and she was perfectly happy. As I said before, its all about getting it straight before you go. Take a day of in the middle...only dive in the morning...stuff like that.

RICoder:
I'll ask...

DAMN YOU, PHILIPE!!!

Oh, this is important.....Does Philipe dive?

If not, does she loan you out? :11ztongue

My husband doesn't dive, so we pick vacation spots that have both diving and golfing available. While I'm diving, he's busy working on his golf swing. It works out pretty well.

BTW, I have a heart murmur myself and it doesn't affect my ability to dive at all. If your wife is not sure of the status of her murmur, ask your doctor about an echocardiogram. It's quick and completely painless and will tell whether or not her murmur is functional.

I've got the exact same situation. Recently got my AOW/dry suit certification which cost a few $$. My wife can't understand why I'm pursuing this diving thing, but I love it. I hope to pitch some nice resort getaways to her next year (she loves tanning, pools, etc.), and tell her, oh, yeah, by the way, I just may do some diving. My wife loves to lay out and tan but hates not just water but sand too!!! I'm never getting her to dive. Do your best and find some buddies!

Many good suggestions so far. My wife also is a non-diver, but loves beach and margaritas, so this helps in the afternoon and evening. Howevever, I typically do two tanks in the morning, then return at noon and wake her up. Mine is the ideal scenario for a married, but single diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom