Mayair connection time in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMdoogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
For those of you who have flown the CZM-CUN connection on Mayair, how much time is needed to make the connection from CZM (on Mayair) to an outgoing flight leaving CUN on Spirit? My Spirit flight from CUN to FLL departs CUN at 12:13 PM. Mayair arrives in CUN at 10:25 AM or 07:25 AM. If I took the Mayair flight arriving at 10:25 would I have enough time to make the Spirit flight at 12:13? I know the two airlines are in different terminals, but I believe I wouldn't have to go through customs or immigration. Is one hour & forty minutes enough time to make the connection, or should I take the earlier flight? Thanks, any info appreciated.

For those of you who have flown the CZM-CUN connection on Mayair, how much time is needed to make the connection from CZM (on Mayair) to an outgoing flight leaving CUN on Spirit? My Spirit flight from CUN to FLL departs CUN at 12:13 PM. Mayair arrives in CUN at 10:25 AM or 07:25 AM. If I took the Mayair flight arriving at 10:25 would I have enough time to make the Spirit flight at 12:13? I know the two airlines are in different terminals, but I believe I wouldn't have to go through customs or immigration. Is one hour & forty minutes enough time to make the connection, or should I take the earlier flight? Thanks, any info appreciated.

If I remember my trip I think you will have plenty of time. Mayair runs pretty smooth and on time. The flight is only 15 minutes. Once you land and get to the small Terminal #1 just hang inside the door (only 100 feet from the plane to the door) and the Mayair personnel will bring your bags right up to where you are waiting (they will be unloading the bags as you are getting off the plane).

Then all you have to do is lug them about 100 yards (the guys from Mayair will help you if you ask) to the free vans waiting in the parking lot (look for the blue shirt guys = free van ride). The van is fast and goes right to Terminal 3 and will drop you right at the door to your outgoing airline. Just check your bags with the agent, go through security and find your gate. If you are running late just tell the Mayair guy or van driver and I'm sure they will get you there, the ride is less than 5 minutes from Terminal #1 to Terminal #3.

I don't know why they make the vans that shuttle passengers to the bigger terminals park so far away from Terminal #1 but that will be your longest haul. I mentioned 100 yards, it might be less. There are about 3 or 4 rows of cars that they let park closer to the terminal than the vans that pick you up. When I made my trip the Mayair guy saw I had more bags than arms and grabbed my big bag and said "follow me" and led me to the van and found the right one (there were about 3 waiting to take passengers from Mayair to different airlines at Terminal #3). I tried to tip him for helping me but he wouldn't take any money. I tried twice and he still wouldn't take any money.

Terminal #1 is very small and is basically is used for Mayair, private airplanes and some helicopters. Just a couple rooms.

Other than bad weather holding the Mayair flight in Coz (which shouldn't be a problem) I would say you are good. If it looks like bad weather just grab the early flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom