Mayan/Spanish/Mexican coffee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never seen that...VERY cool.

Just another reason I LOVE Cozumel and Mexico!

I remember being told: "A couple of Mayan coffees made by a couple of Mayans" before the ornate juggling began. Part of it was peeling an orange so that a spiral of orange peel was produced. This spiral was retained on a fork, and then the flaming liqueur was poured down the spiral into the coffee cup. Very nice.

It was someplace along the ocean front, southern end of town.

Rolandi's does it as well! We always watch, but have never ordered it ourselves.
If they ever did they don't anymore (I asked them). Too bad; the location would have been fantastic.

Wow :clapping: Now I'm disappointed I don't order coffee & dessert LOL! I'm going to have to check that out. Personally, I'm still hunting for a decent iced coffee....

LOL! Just saw that now... Both. I want it all dammit!!! Actually, I can make a decent coffee at home so I think I'll stick to that at this point. I can always throw in some ice :D

I don't believe we found it this year. In the old days we always went to Acuario for it, but that's long gone now. After that we ordered it at Capi Navegante, but now that's gone as well. Ditto for La Veranda, Santiago's, and La Morena. The guy at Costa Brava a couple of years ago told us he could do it, but although he gave it a valiant effort, it wasn't even close.

It's not just the coffee, Kahlua, tequila/brandy/xtabentun, caramelized sugar, ice cream, and cinnamon, it's also the performance. It is a vanishing art, it appears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom