Megalodon Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We welcome all except for maybe mCCR divers since their sissy machines don't really count as rebreathers anyway.

I woulda said the same thing about Optimas and Inspo's...

I mean, their tupperware...

Howard, you know this is all in jest right? We are all just jealous of what you guys have going down there. from the sounds of it, you guys live in the midst of the Rebreather diving Meca of the planet.

When you coming down Gil....?

....a test of the mCCR philosophy. We are going to monitor this very closely. "

Am I the only one who finds the irony....

We are going to monitor this very closely, by forcing divers to monitor things more closely...?

Am I the only one who finds the irony....

We are going to monitor this very closely, by forcing divers to monitor things more closely...?

They are trying to sell rebreathers cheap to newer divers. I would hope the monitor it pretty da*& close because they're probably going to kill some people but it wont be the rebreathers fault.

IMVHO

If you ask me, the real irony is that the KISS rebreather is not exactly what I would call of robust build quality, and yet against intuitive inclinations, it's had a steller record in terms of fatalities associated with it. The eCCR version of the Meg on the other hand, while truly of robust build quality has not been so lucky. build quality apparently does not trump the importance of how well a style of rebreather self reinforces the conditioning of the diver to pay attention, by design.

another very interesting test for the philosophy of mCCR's will be the track record of the copis meg, which is being put to some serious tests and so far, no fatalities... the eCCR/mCCR comparison of the Apex and Copis will be one of the closest apples to apples compersons. Only time will tell.

one thing is for sure, in the world of rebreathers, things are not as they seem.
g

They are trying to sell rebreathers cheap to newer divers. I would hope the monitor it pretty da*& close because they're probably going to kill some people but it wont be the rebreathers fault.

IMVHO

If you ask me, the real irony is that the KISS rebreather is not exactly what I would call of robust build quality, and yet against intuitive inclinations, it's had a steller record in terms of fatalities associated with it. The eCCR version of the Meg on the other hand, while truly of robust build quality has not been so lucky. build quality apparently does not trump the importance of how well a style of rebreather self reinforces the conditioning of the diver to pay attention, by design.

another very interesting test for the philosophy of mCCR's will be the track record of the copis meg, which is being put to some serious tests and so far, no fatalities... the eCCR/mCCR comparison of the Apex and Copis will be one of the closest apples to apples compersons. Only time will tell.

one thing is for sure, in the world of rebreathers, things are not as they seem.
g

The apples-to-apples comparison of the two Megs isn't exactly a valid comparison of what is deemed 'better." A ton of variables there.

Additionally, I'd say that the Meg ECCR is an 'exploration class' rebreather vs. the Classic Kiss which I personally deem as a recreational RB. Sure, it can almost play in the same depth range as the explorer class. However, given the two side to side - I'd choose the Meg, or the equivalents - Hammerhead, the extinct Cis MK5P, Mk 15.5, etc. vs. the KISS.

I'm sure this MCCR/ECCR Meg debate has been tossed back and forth on RBW.

X

I find it funny how people compare rebreathers. While alot of guys have "expedition" class rebreathers, the vast majority of their diving is above 250 feet in the 2-3 hour range.

I guess its cool to say your kitted for expeditions but I don't know many people who actually go on them... The KISS gets you in the water, no problems, no failures and it doesn't kill you. That says alot for a unit.

It may not be the best dress girl at the dance, but its the one that puts out at the end of the night...:shocked2:

Cam

I find it funny how people compare rebreathers. While alot of guys have "expedition" class rebreathers, the vast majority of their diving is above 250 feet in the 2-3 hour range.

I guess its cool to say your kitted for expeditions but I don't know many people who actually go on them... The KISS gets you in the water, no problems, no failures and it doesn't kill you. That says alot for a unit.

It may not be the best dress girl at the dance, but its the one that puts out at the end of the night...:shocked2:

Cam

Here we go...let's not misconstrue, extrapolate, or imagine beyond what I've said. I can get in the water with a snorkel & come back also. If you want to bandy this around - see you on RBW.

X

Hey take it easy man.. jesus.

All I'm saying is people say they want an expedition rebreather when in actual fact they do very little in the way of expeditions.

When I head below 300 on a regular basis I'll have an Mk on my back, for now I don't pretend I need anything more then what I have. It just seems alot of people are about the kit and not the dive.

Cam

BTW, I'm Cameron over on RBW as well... if you wanna chat some more.:blinking:

Back
Top Bottom