Menjangan vs. Tulamben?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir

The Voice of Reason
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have been to both places, twice to Menjangan and maybe a dozen times to Tulamben. I like both places and I know where I'd stay. If I go next week, is there any reason (eg., weather, currents, seas, festivals) to prefer one over the other? Thanks a lot.

Thanks, Quero, that's exactly what I was looking for. I should keep a log book.

I'm in Tulamben currently. 4 days ago the entry's we're a bit dicey, but possible. But the last few days smooth as silk. The vis is pretty low, about 5-7 meters on the wreck. I flooded my camera so now I'm jonesing for a S-95 replacement. The critters on the muck dives are thick, I really like this place, and since it's low season the sites aren't crowded and water silted up from divers. I'll definitely be back.

Still in Tulamben, the vis on the wreck has improved to about 10-12meters. If I had my camera working I'd really like to take some wide angle shots! I'm getting really spoiled here with my own private guide, making my own dive schedule, and picking the sites I dive.

Dirtfarmer, I really appreciate your updates. I am delaying the decision as long as is prudent. My flights are already booked, so in the worst-case scenario I'll be camping out up there.

Vladimir no worries about camping here in Tulamben there are plenty of vacancy's. The resort I'm staying at is mostly empty. if you come to Tulamben you might even get a good walk-up discount. It has been raining every day, with a bit of sun in the morning. My second dive today was fantastic, I finally bit the bullet and went back to a Muck site.
Saw a Wonderpus, Robust Ghost pipe, Donut Nudi, plus more other Nudi's than I can remember. Then the guide found a green algae shrimp he was totally excited to find. I was staying off the muck sites as I knew I'd be kicking myself for flooding my camera. Now I'm going to stick with Muck for my last day tomorrow. I might end up bruised from kicking myself but I'll be happy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom