Michigan trip(Mackinac Straits)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
At this point the trip is sold out on the Abyss Dive Charters boat. I know there are other people who have indicated interrest in this trip. At this point I'm not having much luck in finding another boat.

If anyone knows of any dive operations in that area please let me know so I can make arrangements if need be.

why I'm having trouble finding another diver operation for the Mackinac trip----everything is closed for the winter. Meal arrangements will take a while since most of the restuarants seem to be closed. I have made contact with 2 restuarants so we won't go hungry.

the name and number of a dive operation that makes trip to the straits. Hopefully we will have the second boat we need. I'll let you know as soon as I talk to them. Keep your fingers crossed:)

contact with Scuba North and they have agreed to provide the second boat we need. So what I need now is for six more divers to commit to the trip. If you are interested in this trip please PM me. We do need to get a deposit in pretty soon or we may loose the boat to another group.

AOW is a required cert level for this dive operation.

Also the Captain of this boat is a marine archeologist which should be quite educational if you are willing to ask him about that particular field.

Sure is beautiful up in that area.

JBD
Just wanted to let all of you know that a great place to eat is the Driftwood Sports bar & Grill. They have a bar and a nice restarant in the back. Very very good food and reasonably priced. That's where we always eat when were up there. They also have the normal places like McDonalds Burger King and Taco Bell. The Driftwood is located right across from Dan Block's boat. Also here is a link of some pics of the wrecks in the straits area. http://www.sassdive.com/machinac1.htm

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

on the restuaraunt. I'll try contacting them. Any chance you might be able to go on this trip with us?

Did yall ever come up with a price for the trip?
What about transportation?
and please remind me again the dates.

Mark

jbd once bubbled...
on the restuaraunt. I'll try contacting them. Any chance you might be able to go on this trip with us?

Thanks for the invite JBD

I will have to see what is going on. I know time is a issue but I have a full plate right now. I will keep it in mind.

I am going to Isle Royale in June/July on a week long liveaboard with a post trip to the Straits on the July 4th weekend. Not sure if we are doing that yet or not. All depends on the $$$$$$$$. We dove up that way a bunch last year and had a great time. Lots of good diving, with the Eberward being my favorite. We dove with Dan Block every time we went and had a blast; he is the best charter operator I have seen yet. I will keep it in mind and let you know as soon as I can. Hopefully there will be a spot left.

Crossing my fingers.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

we have a very special price of $3643.94!!!:D

Just kidding:wink: Check your PM

Diving will be the afternoon of the 2nd and the morning of the 3rd. That is in August.

Socaldiver may be joining us on that trip aloong with several other great folks.

Back
Top Bottom