Midweek GTA Area GUE certified diver nights

What night would be best to make this GUE midweek dive on as regular scheduled event?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d33ps1x

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
After reading Tom's thread regarding dive opportunities with like minded divers I thought why not try it.

I am wondering if there is a group of divers out there who are GUE trained and certified that would like to choose a weeknight to get together for once a week dives in the local area to have some fun and sharpen the skills learned in Fundamentals, Tech 1, Cave 1, etc..

I know people have a tendancy to get bent out of shape on this one for some reason and it really isn't anything personal so please let me say this in advance. I say certified because it really is the only way to easily verify that a diver has taken the courses and IS GUE trained. The point of the night would be to have stress free fun diving and honing the skills we have learned.

Someone made the point that if you just schedule the dive like your softball practice you'll be there more often. It would also be great to meet more like minded divers in a local, non-expensive, lower risk situation.

I was thinking things along the lines of Centennial Park in Barrie, Humber Bay, etc.

Any thoughts or interest in this. Please vote above regarding your preferred night.

I do hope that there will be divers interested in this weekly event.

Thanks.

Excellent idea, Barry. James and I have been getting together at Gulliver's outside of Hamilton. I would say just go ahead and announce something... I didn't even vote in the poll because I don't have a preference as to what day of the week.

I am at Front and Spadina and Gullivers is closer to me than any other part of Toronto. I can make it to Centennial Park in 50 minutes from here. I can make it to Gulliver's in 1 hour and 10 minutes.

No offense but Gulliver's sucks in a bad way. I went there last week and spent over 2 hours in the water and saw nothing. Thick silt and weeds so much so that the sameness was downright dizzying. No one should need to dive that badly.

d33ps1x:
No offense but Gulliver's sucks in a bad way. I went there last week and spent over 2 hours in the water and saw nothing. Thick silt and weeds so much so that the sameness was downright dizzying. No one should need to dive that badly.

Hey, it wasn't that bad we did see a fish!

Doc Intrepid:
Been in a quarry lately?

Yah. There a couple of quite good ones around this area. Gulliver's is way down the list...

Kirkfield, Sherkston, places like that are far preferred. Less silt, deeper, better platforms (kirkfield), and more to see.

Even the sandy bottom on the slope at Big Bay Point is an improvement.

Can you tell I don't like Gulliver's? hehe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom